PDA

View Full Version : Newly Registered Member

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

SGG2017
Sun, Sep-17-17, 21:05
Hello, All!

I say newly registered because I've been reading here for years and the experiences and advice of the members here helped me lose alot of weight. Unfortunately, I found that weight again.

I have lost and gained the same amount of weight since I first followed Dr. Atkin's advice in 2002. Based on my last attempt, I found that I need to be accountable and need to read here EVERY day. Logging my food intake was helpful in the past and I look forward to learning how to use myplan.

Thanks to everyone who has posted here!

Ambulo
Mon, Sep-18-17, 00:58
Well, now you are "official", greetings and best wishes for your journey.

zoogirl
Mon, Sep-18-17, 03:07
Hey and welcome SGG2017, you have made a very wise choice, I for one agree, keeping a journal is very helpful, and recording EVER single thing that you eat is also IMO extremely useful, I used my plan and it is OK, but I now use the meal tracker on the Atkins website, it is soooo much easier, user friendly, and because I am a bit of a computer idiot, I like easy...lol

All the best to you, please stop by my journal sometime and meet me, I love company. Remember, one day at a time, celebrate small victories, have a positive day, ttyl

minniesoda
Mon, Sep-18-17, 04:35
Hi and welcome to coming out.
I am the same that I NEED to read here every day.
The inspiration I get is invaluable.
Kim

SGG2017
Mon, Sep-18-17, 06:25
Thank you all for a warm welcome!

~zoogirl: I'll check out the Atkins 'myplan'. Thanks for the info!

Wow! All of you have made great progress! I'm inspired for sure!

SuzyQ0902
Mon, Sep-18-17, 08:02
Hi, there! :wave:

I've done the same thing - lost weight successfully, then gained it back - twice!
I think I've got the right mindset now to continue this WOE for the rest of my life (I hope!).

This place is great for support and for information. Best wishes to you!

SuzyQ

ketopaul
Tue, Sep-19-17, 05:49
I must say, I've checked plenty of other forums to find a quality community and they don't compare to this place! So, welcome from a fellow newbie :)