PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for IRMA, is a good time to restart low carb

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jdi1958
Thu, Sep-07-17, 15:15
Hi !! Cars in garage, patio & yard EMPTY, clothes washed, water cases stacked - next few days will be interesting being in Central Florida. Charley Cat 2 did enough damage to a few of my neighbors screen houses enclosing pools for me to be nervous about this history making storm.

I'll be 60 in about 350 days & I WILL have my BEST BODY COMPOSITION ever !!

In 1976, I was a top vaulting gymnast in high school.

I had a serious TBI from MVA in 1980, and haven't been able to run since, even walking isn't easy, my balance is so bad.

So finding a Vertical Climber three months ago, where I am RUNNING UP STAIRS, feels like I won a Million Dollar Lottery !!

I just came in third place in a 100 day Mt Everest Challenge. Amazing since I had so many days of zero or below 50 FLOORS !! I did hit my GOAL of 1,000
FLOORS in one day on July 5, 2017 !! (Done 60-yard dash FAST CLIMBING-100 times LOL!)

teaser
Thu, Sep-07-17, 15:28
I'm glad you found an outlet for your athletic drive. Hope things don't get too interesting for you in the next few days. :)

bluej
Fri, Sep-08-17, 05:42
God Bless those in Florida

Welcome to the wonderful forum

thud123
Fri, Sep-08-17, 06:03
Any day is a good day to start low carb :)

Stay Well!

tess9132
Fri, Sep-08-17, 06:04
Welcome and take care!

jdi1958
Fri, Sep-08-17, 07:07
Thank you -- yes I am thrilled I found CLIMBING at home is AWESOME !!

Hubby & I went to Starbucks for a. Offer, just to do son, and Starbucks was closed !! I've had enough black coffee already but he wanted one !!

I saw & got a Woman's World that had FAT BOMBS recipes a few months ago - used for ten days and lost 4 lbs !!

I have a bunch of hard boiled eggs in fridge so Ill make some Deviled Egg Fat Bombs today !!

I also love Chocolate Mug Cakes made with ground almonds !!

I've never been much of a protein nor meat eater, which is why I haven't been continually doing low carb, but I see now I don't have to eat a ton of meat (although I do love bacon LOL) !! I've never liked veggies either but I am finding ways to make them that I do enjoy.

I'm not very good with typing and using tech & computers !!

WereBear
Sat, Sep-09-17, 08:05
Best of luck on all fronts.

GRB5111
Sat, Sep-09-17, 13:40
Hope all goes well. My thoughts are with you. Yes! LC is a great way to spend a hurricane, and it sounds like you are well prepared.

Mama Sebo
Sun, Sep-10-17, 03:17
Wow! Hard to imagine you stuck at home, glad you have an indoor climber :) .As you say, as good a time to start a low carb WOE as any! Good to see you here, and please do let us know that you and yours are OK. :rheart:
PS Love your avatar, it seems to be just as you describe yourself!!