PDA

View Full Version : you know.... (allergies)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Lain
Mon, Jun-17-02, 01:12
Hello Everybody,

Been awhile since I've been here.. and now I'm just leaving tons and tons of stuff for everyone. Hope it's not too much..

Here's the thing.. I've been thinking all night.. and you know, after two years of fighting this thing and just not making any real improvement. Last night I sat down with myself and had a REAL heart to heart. Tears were shed.. bla bla bla.. and I just decided.. I have GOT to get rid of this thing..what in the world could I be doing wrong.

Well, I think reading over how many people have food allergies really struck me. Could it be???? that I have food allergies.. that could be stopping me from losing weight and from just generally not getting better at all?

Well, after a total of 23 days of fasting.. I couldn't see the harm in limiting my diet anymore.. you know.. if I can fast.. I surely can cut out some foods I might be allergic to, right?

So, I stayed up all night doing research on foods that are most common for people to be allerigic to, and OMG (OH MY GOD!)

yeast
dairy
chocolate
red meat
eggs
poultry
shell fish
... and tons more

Look at all that meat on there guys!!! Half of my diet consists of poultry and eggs. (sighs) But, I guess when you have Candida like all of us, this makes food allergies worse. I think I red something somewhere that if you can heal your immune system the allergy causing foods can be slowly reintroduced back into the diet as you heal, and won't have the same effect on you. But first you must heal. And I guess the smart thing to do would to be cut all of these things out of your (or should I say my.. *cringes*) diet and then wait ... four weeks? Before slowly testing them to see if you have allergic responses.

Well, wish me luck.. I'm gonna do it. I can't handle feeling sick like this a minute longer. And I'm tired of feeling bloated and swollen, and not loosing ANY kind of weight what-so-ever as well as of course GAINING weight on an induction/candida/atkins based diet.. I'm telling you it's just insane!!! And it's really starting to get to my mental state.

I want my life back.. So I guess it's just tuna, spinach, celery, butter, and some asparagus for me for a few weeks till I find these culprits... God, I hope it's not all of them.. could it be??????

Has anyone else forgone this truelly hard process? Or has everyone? Have I just really been in denial?

And if it IS true.. oh god, what will I eat????

Someone come and stand by my side on this one please.. *sniffles* I want experiences.. and support. PLEASE. :there: Thank you.

Lain

p.s. I'll probably write back in a week or so and let everyone know if it's working.. cross your fingers for me..