PDA

View Full Version : 65 and Getting Back in Shape

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

YoungNana
Fri, Aug-04-17, 16:12
Hi everyone, I am 65 y.o. and was tired of this weight gain slowing me down so I decided to take control and get back in shape to a weight that was comfortable for me about 12 years ago. I started out at 154 when I started looking into Keogenic dieting after hearing about John Tesh and his family eating this way on his Podcast "Intelligence for Your Life." Sounded like it would be doable so I embarked on this journey and have been pleased with the results so far. I am now at 135 lbs. and it's coming up on 3 months of Keto. I'm having a little set back right now due to a back injury on Monday from putting on a sports bra. Yes, I said I hurt myself putting on a bra. That's because of the degenerative disc and joint disease I am also plagued with. I saw the doctor yesterday and he made spinal adjustments. It seems I twisted a vertebrae and popped a rib out of place. Very painful. After 3 days of being sedentary I am extremely bloated and hoping this goes away quickly. I am moving a bit easier today so it's looking hopeful. The doc says I'll be out of commission for about 10 days before I can get back to my walking program. I was up to 2 miles every other day after not walking due to physical problems for about 11 years. So it's been one step forward, two steps back.
I look forward to reading all your posts and questions. I live in a quiet country area and have mostly internet friends.
Hugs,
YoungNana