PDA

View Full Version : Keto Shakes

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

TT21
Sun, Jun-16-02, 15:30
Does anyone know of any hidden carbs in this brand of shake mix? thanks.

raharris
Sat, Aug-17-02, 22:35
Hi there --

I've learned a lot of very important things on this forum, one of which is the extent of the hidden carbs in all kinds of food. The power bars tend to be very bad about this -- the bars that Ihave tabulated run between spot on (the Keto bars) and only half reported (Myoplex claims 20-some carbs, but it is really much closer to fifity!). Shakes are a very different thing, as they tend to be spot on, and very efficient.

How did I run the tabulations mentioned above? On the advice of another person in this forum (I can't remember who, as everyone is SO helpful!) I looked down on the lower right hand of the very page you are looking at now, to the "Hidden Carb Inspector" button. It asks you to fill out several items from the nutrition label, then calculates hidden carbs.

I have used it for items I already have on hand, but it also helps me decide what to buy. Any reputable product online will carry the nutritional information, and I feed that into the hidden carb inspector on this site and it tells me if the product is worth buying, at least, from the carb standpoint.

Hope this helps -- RA Harris