PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm Melameter...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Melameter
Sun, Jun-16-02, 13:28
I have been enjoying this sit for a little while now, and have been meaning to get to posting here. Always busy!!!
Anyway I have been on the Atkins diet for 45 days and have lost 13 pounds at this time. I am really pleased with the diet, I had a little bout of stomach problems recently but am feeling much better now.
I live in Cherokee, Texas and raise deer, cattle sheep, antelope and a couple of kids. Also one husband (who I dont think I will ever get raised!)
I love to go walk late in the evenings and watch all the animals.
I used to love to sit on the porch with a big bowl of ice cream, but not anymore. And I feel so much better. :roll: I dont even miss the sweets. I have come up with alot of really good low carb sweets by looking at everyones ideas on this site.Love the mock danish for breakfast!YUMMY... There are so many wonderful tips, and the support is marvalous.Well heres to eating really good and loving it. Melameter :wave:

itsjoyful
Sun, Jun-16-02, 18:43
hey there melameter :wave:
glad to have you around. your home life sounds amazing. are you on a farm? What I would give for a few acres and some animals!
Great job on the weight loss so far, and here's to hoping you lose more!
regards,
Brenda

Melameter
Sun, Jun-16-02, 21:07
I live on a ranch in central Texas, we raise deer , and it is really great to live out in the country exspecially when you have kids. My 2 boys can hunt and fish and camp etc... right in the backyard you might say, I dont have to worry about them except for snakes, which I hate!!!
And sometimes it gets a little lonesome, it is really nice to have the computer to talk to people. And really nice for support with my diet, it just keeps me motivated to get online and learn new recipes and such. I really love that mock danish, I am having to fight myself not to have one for every meal, I like them better after they get cold. Mmmmmmm Mmmmmmm.... Good!!!!

wbahn
Sun, Jun-16-02, 22:28
Well, although we have traded posts in another thread already, let me officially say, "Hi and welcome aboard!"

I know that farming and ranching are much harder work than most people give credit for, but it sounds like the perks are generally worth it.

Good luck with the LC'ing.