PDA

View Full Version : hello everyone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

merrylee
Fri, May-05-17, 19:06
Well I am going to try low carb dieting. I have gained so much weight in the past few years. I have been overweight for a long time but I thought it was okay because I could manage, could still walk around and go places and do things...but the past 2 yrs I am noticing more weight gain and now I no longer am able to do things I used to do. Cant walk far, am out of breath if I walk, and now my b/p is so high its scaring me. I am on b/p meds now and I really hate it. I used to be able to go to the mall and walk around, now I cant. I am 290 now and I am only five ft 2 inches. I joke that I am round but now its just not a joke any more. I dont want to die of overeating. I started 2 days ago. I am eating protein and drinking water. so far I like it and dont have any cravings.

robynsnest
Fri, May-05-17, 20:58
Well I am going to try low carb dieting. I have gained so much weight in the past few years. I have been overweight for a long time but I thought it was okay because I could manage, could still walk around and go places and do things...but the past 2 yrs I am noticing more weight gain and now I no longer am able to do things I used to do. Cant walk far, am out of breath if I walk, and now my b/p is so high its scaring me. I am on b/p meds now and I really hate it. I used to be able to go to the mall and walk around, now I cant. I am 290 now and I am only five ft 2 inches. I joke that I am round but now its just not a joke any more. I dont want to die of overeating. I started 2 days ago. I am eating protein and drinking water. so far I like it and dont have any cravings.
Hi there, and welcome. I am in the same position, I guess it took a wake up call to get me to start getting healthy,it is my goal to get off all meds...
Good for you for making the best choice for yourself, welcome!

JEY100
Sat, May-06-17, 04:20
Welcome merrylee,
I am a fan of Dr Mike too, but since they haven't written a book in a while, there aren't as many active members on that forum. Also read the general LC, Newbie and Atkins forums, as there really is little difference between the many LC plans. You will find lots of helpful info in many sections and support here.
All the best,

Just Jo
Sat, May-06-17, 16:57
Hello and welcome, merrylee! http://www.joblack59.com/emo/wave.gif

Wishing you much success on your journey to better health!

Kathy5853
Mon, May-08-17, 16:29
Welcome,

So happy you have joined the group. I recommend you read as much as you can and ask questions. You are not alone in this journey.

Kathy