PDA

View Full Version : Doreen Where Can I Buy....

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

debbiedobson
Sat, May-05-01, 18:52
low carb whey protein. the one's that my walmart sell aren't lowcarb. any ideas? you're my source guru. we don't really live that far apart. kingston's only an hour and a half from ajax!

Sharon
Sun, May-06-01, 10:43
I'm not Doreen, but I buy it at GNC....Designer Whey Protein....they also had it at that great Health Food Store in Thornhill.

debbiedobson
Sun, May-06-01, 10:53
hey thanks sharon. there's a gnc just up the street, right beside the dollar store and the bulk barn. (2 places i happen to visit a lot! hehehehe!)

doreen T
Sun, May-06-01, 11:13
hi Debbie,

I must have missed your post last nite, sorry .. :(

Anyway, Loblaws Superstore carries a few brands of whey protein, including DynaWhey, Protein Power brand, Pro Whey and more. Look for it in the pharmacy section and also the health food section (I don't know why they have it in two different places, but they do ??)

Nutrition House is much cheaper than GNC, and they're all Canadian too. Check them out online ... http://www.nutritionhouse.com/ .. they post their most recent sale flyer, also there's a map locator for the nearest store - 68 across Canada. They have a frequent buyer card, which they stamp for each purchase of $10 or more, the 7th purchase is 15% off. They sell quite a few brands of whey, soy and egg protein mixes. I really like the Interactive Whey, which is made in Canada, by the way, and it's sweetened with sucralose.

Doreen

debbiedobson
Sun, May-06-01, 11:24
thanks doreen. we have a loblaws superstore in the same plaza i was talking about. thanks for the link to nutrition house. there's a store at the pickering town centre, a 10 minute drive away.

Deirdre
Sun, May-06-01, 21:24
Debbie

I'm pretty sure I saw some at Costco last time I was there too. There's also a health food store in the plaza on the south side of Hwy 2, across from Costco. They have the stuff with Donovon Bailey on the package, I can never remember what it's called, but it's low carb.

Deirdre

Sharon
Mon, May-07-01, 05:19
I'm sure in bigger centres you can find a good deal and low carb whey protein.... I was really stuck here, and GNC was the only place in the whole city I could find it. When I was at the Nutrition House I got one that had pratically no carbs (sorry I can't remember the name). I've thrown out the container now, but I know I posted about it before, as someone asked. If I can find some extra time, I'll search the archives and see if I can find out what it was called.

At GNC you get 2.04 lb. (925 grm)...it costs 45.00, but I use my discount card...so I think it ends up costing about 36.00. I find it lasts a long time... I don't think it was any cheaper at Nutrition House, but it was lower in carbs. The carb count on GNC Natural flavour is: 2.6 / 23 gram serving. I'm sure you'll find one lower..for me this is what I'm using until I make a trip south!!

jomil
Mon, May-07-01, 06:49
Pardon my ignorance, but I would like to know why eveybody is so excited about the very expensive whey protein powder?

What, why, where, and how?

Regards
Joe