PDA

View Full Version : Calling all mentors!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

soella
Sat, Jun-15-02, 10:47
I would appreciate a glance at some menus I have posted in my journal.... I have been drinking my water (could do better, I guess). But had put a hold on exercising for a while. I was convinced the weight was going to fall off at alarming rates! ;)
I love this WOL, feel good and my husband is really doing great. Just wonder about no weight loss. Thanks a bunch!

agonycat
Sun, Jun-16-02, 05:34
Soella, losing weight isn't always a steady downward pace. I hold at various points along the way for months on end. Not going up. Not going down.

I lost 35 pounds my first two months, then stalled for 8 months, then lost about 10 pounds real fast, and now it's back to losing a pound maybe every few months :)

Since I no longer look at this as a diet, I find that I no longer get upset at the scale for being "stuck". I do weight checks once a week to make sure what I am eating on OWL is preventing me from gaining the weight back.

I will take a look at your journal :)

DWRolfe
Sun, Jun-16-02, 06:41
I think it's very importaqnt that you feel great and that your husband does too...

Did you feel greaat before you started LCing?

Give it more time and be patient. Let your body adjust to this new WOE.

Your improved feels of health will only get better. :thup:

Try to focus less on the scale and pay more attention to how you feel, how your clothes are fitting and your measurments....

Good luck!

Donald :wave:

Voyajer
Sun, Jun-16-02, 07:50
Hi Soella,

I can sympathize because weight loss has been slow with me (due to too many starvation diets in the past, my body has to learn that it's going to have enough food so it doesn't hold onto every fat cell for dear life).

One thing you should be doing is keeping track of body measurements and body fat. My sister lost a total of 6 pounds in 4 months, but went from a size 10 skirt to a size 4. She was definitely trading body fat for lean muscle.

You are doing great!