PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mamabrown
Sun, Jan-29-17, 18:26
As the title says.....here I go again. Name is Jody...live in Wellington, Fl and I'm trying to get back down, again. Had a knee replaced and lost weight and went down to 175 and thought I was on my way....but back up to 197! How the heck did that happen?? Christmas, New Years?? Need something to blame!
Been on the Atkins strict for one week and nothings budging. Will continue!
Need to lose this weight!! I would love to see 160 or even 150 again!!
So that's my story!

JEY100
Tue, Jan-31-17, 05:51
Welcome Mama Brown :wave:
There is good advice for "LC the Second Time around" in the sticky at top of Newbie column >>>
Here are some good ones from Dr Eades: https://proteinpower.com/drmike/2014/01/05/help-low-carb-dieters/
The most common problem is "remembering" the later stages of diet and not "Starting Over" at a strict induction. (Dairy is very limited, no nuts, etc)
All the best,

bkloots
Thu, Feb-02-17, 05:47
HI, mama brown. You've already heard from our inspiring resource person. Spend all your spare time clicking around in this site and you'll accomplish two things: a Master's degree in healthy eating, and a great way to sidetrack a snacking impulse. :lol:

My best advice? Start a journal and a food diary. The Number One technique from all success stories is accountability--data. It's a pain to do at first, but it soon becomes much simpler. It's the way you know "what happened" so you can fix it.

Best wishes.