PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Thejourney
Wed, Jan-18-17, 16:20
Hello, :wave:

I'm just starting to lose weight after being on several weight loss plans in the last year. Now I'm using Atkins and have lost 10 pounds in a little over 2 weeks. I love the food and never feel hungry--why didn't I do this earlier?
I'm a grandma and gained 40 pounds after my divorce by eating very poorly. I look forward to meeting you all and being inspired by your successes!

bkloots
Wed, Jan-18-17, 16:30
TheJourney says it all. Welcome to a good place for information, conversation, encouragement, whatever. Consider starting a journal.

Best wishes.

nutradvanc
Wed, Jan-18-17, 16:51
Well done on your early success!

The effect on satiety is great - one or two meals a day is easy, but for someone on the standard 'balanced' diet they're usually pulling their hair out after a few hours without food!

Keep going :)

Thejourney
Thu, Jan-19-17, 07:45
Thank you Bkloots and Nutradvanc, I I appreciate the encouragement. I've thought about a journal, maybe I'll just read a few more to get an idea of what to post. Thanks and have a great day!

patriciakr
Thu, Jan-19-17, 08:13
Welcome and best wishes to you on this journey :)

bkloots
Thu, Jan-19-17, 08:48
Your journal can be whatever you like. I find that after many months (in my case, years) you learn about yourself: eating habits and preferences, moods and rewards, and most of all, repetitive behaviors both good and bad that add up to YOU. I realize that I'm pretty much the same person over time--and that leads to a self-acceptance that's valuable in determining my weight management goals along with everything else.

Also, you may find like-minded people dropping by, and you'll make some friends.

Best wishes.

Thejourney
Mon, Jan-23-17, 20:48
Thank you Bkoots and Patriciakr, you have both lost so much weight you're an inspiration to me! I was away for three days and even though we ate out a lot I stayed true to the induction phase of Atkins!!! I'm so proud of myself!

patriciakr
Tue, Jan-24-17, 05:58
Thank you Bkoots and Patriciakr, you have both lost so much weight you're an inspiration to me! I was away for three days and even though we ate out a lot I stayed true to the induction phase of Atkins!!! I'm so proud of myself!
That's a good accomplishment. I have, at times, found eating out a challenge ;)