PDA

View Full Version : Ketosis Rocks My World

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

patricia04
Thu, Nov-03-16, 11:17
Greetings to all fellow members:
My name is Patricia, and I am six months into the Atkin's diet. I started in June 2016 at 180 and I just hit 149.8 yesterday. I am in full blown ketosis. Finally. Hopefully. Pretty Please.
I never quite got past the induction stage because I never had two weeks of ketosis. Something I did always threw me out; too many cheese sticks that said zero carbs but had .09 and I had 30 each day (what was I thinking??!!!, drinking Propel, (which has no sugar but has an additive called maltodexdrine)spelling? that should also be considered one carb each, then I thought drinking splenda was ok, and I was finally in full blown ketosis, but I was drinking decaf tea with splenda, and about 20 cups a day, and that threw me out of ketosis yet again. So I was eating too many carbs. After the tea incident it took me a full 10 days to get into ketosis again.
Of course, each time I go into ketosis there is the dreaded ketosis flu. Coming in and out of it and given my body a lot of grief.
I am grateful to find your forum.
Pat

Stew402
Thu, Nov-03-16, 12:18
Welcome Pat! Glad to hear keto is working for you even with your struggles!

Stevia...that's your sweetener. All natural and no affect on blood sugars.

Joojoo
Thu, Nov-03-16, 14:25
I love Propels too with no adverse carb effects to ketosis. I limit them because they are high in sodium.

MickiSue
Thu, Nov-03-16, 19:03
Hi, Patricia! Congrats on making it into the 140's decade. Feels really good, doesn't it?

I wonder if maybe looking at the tendency to binge might help? 20 cups of tea, 30 cheese sticks, OY! I know that I have to, for example, keep my hands off nuts, because that 1/4 cup serving is just the start for me, and I may not stop till I feel physically ill.

It's ironic that it's so easy to overeat on plan, even if we STAY on plan, isn't it? What works best for me is to eat a hearty meal of very low carb foods (scrambled eggs, HWC and bacon) for breakfast, and then I'm not hungry till dinner time. I can eat a few carbs at dinner, like tonight, I had some fried peppers and leeks with very low carb Italian sausage, and then I'm safe.

If I'm full, I am not listening to the nuts calling my name!

Good to have you here, and it'll be exciting to watch you get to your goal.