PDA

View Full Version : Mixing With Vodka

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ckone761
Fri, Jun-14-02, 12:33
Does anyone have any ideas what I can mix with vodka? I was going to use a little lime juice but I think there are a lot of carbs.. Need something with some flavor or I will regret it tomorrow morning!!!! :roll:

mal
Fri, Jun-14-02, 12:45
hi ckone, i dont think everyone will agree with me on here but i have it with diet coke, caffine free if possible, but just plain diet coke if im in the pub, i lost 9.5lb in the induction and i drunk lots, and i mean i can drink,lol 3 times with each england win, so i worked for me. ok maybe if i hadnt i would have lost more, but i cannot imagine my life never again without it, i only drink on special ocassions and friday nights, but i intend to contiune doing so( including right now 7.45 pm uk time lol) i cant offer anymore ideas as this is the only 1 i know lol good luck xxxxx mal

ckone761
Fri, Jun-14-02, 12:50
LOL :daze:
Thanks Mal!

Have a great weekend!

Janice
Fri, Jun-14-02, 14:47
Vodka and Fresca over crushed ice. It's called a "Russian Margeurita". Lovely on a hot day!

Janice

mal
Fri, Jun-14-02, 16:58
janice, what is fresca???????? being from the uk ive never heard of it thanks mal

ckone761
Mon, Jun-17-02, 13:54
I dont know what fresca is either? What does it taste like?

klaus74
Mon, Jun-17-02, 13:56
Freska is a grapefruit soda...

I use diet sprite or part diet sprite part crystal light <red rasberry> to mix with vodka.. or canadian whiskey..

Bonnie
Mon, Jun-17-02, 13:59
Here ya go....

http://www.webtender.com/db/ingred/7

Bonnie

Corrie
Mon, Jun-17-02, 14:18
Fresca - NUM. But since I try to stay away from diet sodas - or anything with aspartamine - I use a little lime or lemon juice with a splenda packet.

MAL!!!

I MIGHT HAVE KNOWN I WOULD FIND YOU ON A THREAD WHERE THEY ARE DISCUSSING VODKA!!!

Corrie
Mon, Jun-17-02, 14:20
What I meant was I use lemon or lime juice , 1 packet of splenda added to water to make lemonade (or Lime) then if you are having a cocktail add the vodka and shake!!

Cinderella
Tue, Jun-18-02, 08:43
Vodka with clubsoda and a squirt of real lemon juice!

vbrowne
Tue, Jun-18-02, 11:02
I love the idea of Vodka and Fresca. I looked on fitday.com and here are my stats if I eat less for the day and have 6 oz. of vodka. I can't get the fat% any higher (unless I lived on cheese and mayo) and 700 calories are from the booze - I know this is a treat but I read that someone drinks every Friday night - wouldn't this cause a major stall or even a weight gain? I really enjoy a drink or two after a long week at work but I don't want to blow what I am achieving during the week.

Total: 1962
Fat: 101 910 47%
Sat: 38 339 17%
Poly: 27 246 13%
Mono: 30 266 14%
Carbs: 12 35 2%
Fiber: 3 0 0%
Protein: 150 600 31%
Alcohol: 56 394 20%

Corrie
Tue, Jun-18-02, 11:07
I enjoy a drink as well - but alas I can't drink and still lose.
Your body burn the alcohol for fuel before it will burn any fat - so it doesn't stop weight loss - but it postpones it. For me there is the added bonus of water weight gain from drinking as well.
So for me - a drink has to be a real special treat on a very special occasion.

Louloo
Wed, Jun-19-02, 04:26
Club Soda with a shot of lime juice.

Annie2802
Wed, Jun-19-02, 05:02
Originally posted by ckone761
Does anyone have any ideas what I can mix with vodka? I was going to use a little lime juice but I think there are a lot of carbs.. Need something with some flavor or I will regret it tomorrow morning!!!! :roll: Kiwi strawberry diet rite

vbrowne
Wed, Jun-19-02, 07:19
I wish we could diet rite in Canada.

Bonnie
Wed, Jun-19-02, 07:24
Your not the only one..... :(

Bonnie