PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I'm new

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bomberkenn
Tue, Oct-25-16, 06:00
Hi guys, I'm Kenneth, from Malaysia. I've just started the Atkins 20 diet for a week, and I'm keeping it well at the moment. Hope I can get more motivations and inspirations from you guys here.

GreekRibs
Tue, Oct-25-16, 11:09
Hi Kenneth all the way over in Malaysia and welcome :wave:
Stick around, read some of the forums and threads on this website, and best of luck to you on Atkins!! It's a great way of eating.

bmore4now
Tue, Oct-25-16, 11:10
Welcome, welcome, welcome........ :) Have you tried LC before?

Robin120
Tue, Oct-25-16, 11:26
Welcome!
I hope you share your meals/ recipes in the threads for "what's for lunch" and "dinner, dinner, dinner" in the general low carb subforum. I bet they are really interesting to an american palette :)

There is poster here named Thud, who i am pretty sure is from Malaysia and his recipes have become wildly popular. You might want to look for his posts.

bomberkenn
Tue, Oct-25-16, 21:43
Thanks for the replies, guys. I've not tried it before, but I failed on many other diets and "healthy lifestyles". I've been introduced by a friend and he gave me a lot of advice and showed me how this diet can benefit me with my current lifestyle. My meals, maybe I will share in that subforum, wait and see, hehe..

bomberkenn
Fri, Dec-02-16, 05:43
I know many would not read this page, but I still need to share anyway.
I started my atkins diet on 18 October, with starting weight 81.2kg. I kept a log book of weight loss since the first day. I bought a digital health scale that shows weight, fat percentage, water content, muscle, bone and BMI and I kept track of these information daily.

Everyday I keep a strict diet for atkins. I have 2 hard boiled eggs for breakfast, a normal low carb high protein meal for lunch and protein shakes for dinner. Of course there are days I had to eat low carb high protein dinner when I'm outside. Snacks wise, I had salted peanuts and cheese slices. I drink averagely 5 liters of water per day. My protein shakes are Herbalife and I do drink their detox tea with my water intake.

In a week, I will go to the gym on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays and jogging for an hour on the Tues, Thurs and Saturdays. If I had problems with my schedule, I would still jog 3 days in a week, because for me cardio is much more important.

So after a month, my weight was 74.1kg, loss of 7.1kg which was like 15 pounds. I kept doing atkins 20 throughout the whole process, I never drank any sugar or eating rice/noodles (asian thing, you know). And today, on the 2nd of Dec, which was 6 weeks from the start, my weight now is 70.9kg, which was already 10kg dropped from the start. Everyone around saw my changes and they said I've looked better. My clothes are starting to loose and my belt has been a testimony of my changes, I've moved 3 holes within that period. Needless to say I was overwhelmed.

But a sad thing is that I hurt myself when I was alone in the gym doing squats. That was my first time doing it and I think I've injured my knees. I couldn't do any exercise for a week already. But thank God that my numbers are dropping still and I hope to reach the 60s soon enough.My BMI is currently 25.6 and I'm hoping to reach 25 which is the primary target to be out of "overweight". My knees are not in pain but the swollen hasn't subside yet and I wouldn't want to risk it.

Guys, if you are dropping some weight, it means you are on the right path. Don't sway from the path and keep eyes on the target. You can do it!

Ambulo
Fri, Dec-02-16, 06:33
Great going. Shame about the gym injury. Go easy until they heal. Exercise is good for health, but weight loss is all about what you eat.

bkloots
Fri, Dec-02-16, 09:18
Great story! Thanks for sharing it. There are quite a few men active on this site, and that's important, since men and women experience weight management differently--physically and emotionally.

Sorry about the gym injury. Squats require perfect form, and it's easy to take up too much weight. Voice of experience. If your gym has a coach, ask for a form review before you go to into it again. I'd go easy on the jogging as well, for now. Try a bike or fast walking.

Best wishes.

Charms09
Sat, Dec-03-16, 09:50
Hey there bomber!!! :wave:

Welcome!!!

I'm really sorry about your knees!!! Hopefully you will recover quick!
When doing any exercise using a barbell you really need a spotter!!! So I hope you'll have one next time you get to the gym once you recover!!!

You're doing great & you've found a great place here for advice & encouragement!!!

Keep up the good work!!! :agree: :thup: :agree:

Ccat69
Sat, Dec-03-16, 23:22
Nice job with the weight loss! Do NOT use your injured muscles right now. Let your body heal. I have hurt my shoulders lifting twice now and it took a year and a half to heal each time. Work other muscles for now.