PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

cyo2
Sun, Oct-02-16, 15:24
new here and not sure of the system to follow yet, but I know I have to start something

Ccat69
Sun, Oct-02-16, 15:57
Hi, Coy! Welcome! This is a really friendly, supportive place with a lot of helpful people and great research links. Have a look around!

Below is a link in this forum that summarizes several low carb plans. I personally find the Atkins Plan works great and began by reading the book "Dr. Atkins' New Diet Revolution." There are different ways to follow even the Atkins program, so it's best to read this book or one if the others if that's the program you choose. I got a copy for kindle for under $10, but you can also borrow it from the library (and for other programs).

The site dietdoctor.com is also a great resource for low carb principles in general, so can be a great place to begin to get yourself going before you even have a specific plan nailed down. There are also great low carb recipes there.

Here's the summary of several programs link:

http://www.lowcarb.ca/atkins-diet-and-low-carb-plans/

Jamackarch
Sun, Oct-02-16, 20:41
Hi Cy!

WELCOME!!! :)

You have come to the best place for support, encouragement and info! :agree:

Best of luck on your new journey!

jams

JEY100
Mon, Oct-03-16, 03:01
Welcome cyo :wave:
We would be happy to help you pick a plan you can follow. The DietDoctor site mentioned already has a Two week challenge that is the Duke Clinic plan (also in back of the book "Why we get fat" by Taubes) , but his wonderful site adds specific menus, shopping lists and recipes to make it all very easy! But if even those menus are too much for you, we have other suggestions for foods to purchase prepared.

If your nerve damage is a result of diabetes, a good sub-forum on it here: http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=45
Your library should have many Low Carb books to explore, Sugar Crush is a new one that focuses on nerves. Wheat Belly and Grain Brain are two other books that make connections between grains and nerves damage.

But you can start LC anytime, just don't eat anything with sugar or starch, only real foods (meat, eggs, fish, green non-starchy vegetables, healthy fats)
All the best,