PDA

View Full Version : Nurse from the UK

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

BMI30to20
Mon, Sep-26-16, 15:35
Hi!! I am so pleased to have found this forum :)

I am 35 years old (female) from Spain but I live and work as a critical care nurse in the UK.

My stats are:
168 cm tall (5'6)
Starting weight 90 kg
Current weight 87 kg
First goal weight 69 kg
Final goal weight 58 kg
Starting BMI: 32
Current BMI: 30
Final goal BMI: 20
<-- hence my nickname, from 30 to 20!

I am, right now, following a low carb diet called celebrity slim, which uses a lot of subtitutes for main meals like bars and shakes. I am happy with the weight loss but when I finish my products I want to switch to a more natural low carb diet (Atkins!)

My reasons to want to lose weight are health, vanity and I would like to become pregnant but I have PCOS and being overweight is not helping!

JEY100
Tue, Sep-27-16, 03:08
Welcome :wave:

I answered your questions over on the Atkins sub-forum. Don't miss all the information also posted on the PCOS sub-forum. I added a sweet success story there yesterday. http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=46

Just to clarify...Dr Westman's diet Molly writes about in her story above, is the same as the Duke Lifetsyle clinic, the same diet DietDoctor uses as his two week challenge, and the same as now available free from the HealClinic. Dr Westman was the first clinical researcher to do a study on the Dr Atkins diet as used in the Atkins clinic, without the options in the Dr Atkins books. All 20g total carbs, mostly all same real foods lists, all basically the same diet.
All the best,

BMI30to20
Wed, Sep-28-16, 11:44
Thank you so much! I will go and read the post now :thup:

Robin120
Sat, Oct-01-16, 11:42
Welcome!

Glad you are looking to start a more natural, whole foods based approach. Bars and shakes are not meant for lifetime, and they are very processed/contain u healthy ingredients, can slow/halt weight loss for some, have GI side effects for some, etc....

As a critical care nurse, what is your schedule like? I think planning for foods you can eat very quickly and without prep will be important to keeping you on plan.
A few thoughts- bags of pre-portioned/sliced cheese, hard boiled eggs, bags of nuts, bags of precut veggies with containers of dips "to go" (you can buy these or make your own and buy small tupperware containers. In the US we have everything from ranch to hummus to guacamole sold "to go." I would UK has similar products for convenience?), deli meat slices, eggs/veg/meat quiche baked in muffin tin for grab and go "muffins", etc.....

Good luck!

bkloots
Mon, Oct-03-16, 17:21
Lovely avatar! Welcome to a great site for information and encouragement.

Best wishes.