PDA

View Full Version : New here but not to LC eating

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Soonernort
Wed, Sep-14-16, 11:14
Hi everyone, I did Atkins back in 2003 and lost a lot of weight, then I got off of it and gained it back plus much more, lately my weight has spiraled out of control. I'm now 41 and 484 lbs. :help: It's amazes me i let myself get this big, I don't see myself that big but I do avoid mirrors. I want to see my children grow up and know if I don't do something soon I may not have that chance.

I went back to ADBB thats where I went for support back in 2003 but that boards seems empty now. Luckily i found this place.

khrussva
Wed, Sep-14-16, 11:27
Welcome. This may be kind of an old forum, but it is still alive and kicking. I found it early on and it has been a great resource for information and support for my entire journey. Stick around and join us. You will be glad you did.

As you can see from my stats, I was pretty much where you are 30 months ago. I was in bad shape all the way around - weight, health, and happiness. I decided that I wanted something else. I wanted to be here for my kids and grandkids. What I'd become wasn't me anymore. Then I set out to change that. The problem was how. I knew one thing... what I'd done in the past didn't work. So I was open to new ideas. Eventually it all sort of came together and I figured out what I needed to do.

I recently accomplished the unimaginable... I lost it all and got my health and my life back. My journal is getting kind of long, but you might want to read it. I've learned a few things along the way that might be of help to you. What was once hard is now easy. I love this way of eating. My body loves it, too. The secret is to do it all the way. Stick with LC until it sticks. This is how you need to eat. Do that and you too will one day be the man that you want to be. I wish you the best as you get started.

Soonernort
Wed, Sep-14-16, 11:32
Thanks Khrussva, I will read the journal.

JEY100
Wed, Sep-14-16, 11:46
Welcome Soonernort :wave:
Oh my, going back the Atkins Bulletin Board days really dates us both, but you have found a great forum for both support and inspiration. Enter from this index page http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php? and check out all the many different sub-forums. Maybe also check out of the new names in the LC world, and for flashy web design, http://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb . Let us know here what type of information will help you and definitely follow the threads of Ken's Milestone stories. all the best,