PDA

View Full Version : New =)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Daliaha
Thu, Jun-13-02, 15:42
Hello...

Like the title says.. Im new.. Tho I have been on the atkins plan before.. (in 1999 and lost 30 pounds, but..went on a cruise.. need I say more), I have just started up again... June 1st.

My husband and I are doing this together... And One of the main reason is for energy, we have a 4year old little girl, and it seems like we cant keep up with her any more. I feel very bad about this.. and also.. I just turned 30 and my husband is about too, we needed to get control .

The good news is...
I have lost 11 pounds thus far, and Saturday will be the end of the begining part of the diet. We are looking forward to adding a few more carbs.. and STRAWBERRIES!! :clap: (just a few)...

-Daliaha

TeriDoodle
Thu, Jun-13-02, 16:02
Welcome to the forum!! You are well on your way!! You've got a plan and support from your hubby! I know it helped me immensely to have my DH along with me. He's already at goal, though and I've a LONG way to go!

Congratulations to both of you for making such a good decision to improve your health!!

Let us know how we can help! :D

canuckchic
Thu, Jun-13-02, 16:25
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

WELCOME !!!!
Hi Daliaha ! Way to go on the 11 POUNDS ( I put pounds in caps cause that is a big deal and a major acomplishment) . I'm a newbie too and just love this forum. Just wanted to take the time to welcome you and say kudos to you for your huge success thus far. Hug your hubby and your baby and please reserve a great big hug for YOU. :D

Marie :wave:

Daliaha
Fri, Jun-14-02, 11:13
Yes 11 pounds is good.. :) Just cant tell yet.. so its depressing a little..

BUT!!! actually was at 286 this morning.. So lost a little more... :)

Thank you for your wonderful words.. it means lot to have others in the same boat that I am in..

-Daliaha

canuckchic
Fri, Jun-14-02, 12:20
Way To Go !!!!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Noticing a difference every day ! You inspire me. I had a really bad day yesterday. :( I didn't cheat or anything .....but I felt so sick and weak. Was a little scared actually. But reading your posts and others has inspired me to keep the faith! Thank-you soo much :D

Marie :wave:

Tigra1965
Fri, Jun-14-02, 12:35
:wave: Hi Daliaha

Welcome to the forum and well done to you !!!

I too am new to the Atkins WOE and have only been doing the plan for 16 days, but have lost 13lb.

The forums have been an excellent source of help, information and mostly friendship for me.

These people keep me going and make me want to sign on every night - its so nice to get those message.

Take care and start a journal - its been brilliant for me recently.

Bye for now and good luck with your journey - at least you have the support of your husband.

:wave: