PDA

View Full Version : I messed up!!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

acturbevil
Thu, Jun-13-02, 14:54
I messed up bad. I'm weak and now I feel pretty guilty because I have been doing so well.

I bought a sandwich for lunch today. :nono: I know I shouldn't have but I was in a huge hurry to get back to work so I figured I would just pick everything out from the middle. I started off really well, I ate everything inside the sandwich, cheese, lunch meat and lettuce, but then I ate a piece of the bread. The piece I ate was about the size of a triangle when you cut a sandwich into 4 triangles maybe a little smaller. I realized what I was doing so before I could eat anymore I ran and threw the rest of it way down in the garbage, but NOW WHAT? Have I messed it all up, I'm on day 14 of induction. This stinks! Is this going to throw me all out of wack?

Does anyone or has anyone else messed up?

Annette

agonycat
Thu, Jun-13-02, 15:17
Take a deep breath and let it out slowly.

You actually did far better than most :)

That one half a piece of bread probably didn't throw you out of wack however the whole sandwich would have. Drink lots of water and be aware that half a piece of bread may trigger other cravings. Be prepared to fight them off.

Don't beat yourself up over it. Just don't make a habit of it :)

tofi
Thu, Jun-13-02, 15:33
What willpower you have: you stopped! Congratulations. After all, you have been eating sandwiches for years and just 14 days ago, you changed your thinking. I'd say that's pretty good. :thup:

Agonycat is right: you may not even go out of ketosis. It wasn't much in the way of carbs. Back to the water tap and back on track.
:wave:

TeriDoodle
Thu, Jun-13-02, 16:04
HA! You sound like me.......... QUICK THROW IT AWAY!!! :lol: Yep, been there, done that!! You'll be fine, just shake it off!

Lisa N
Thu, Jun-13-02, 16:43
LOL...Relax, Annette...you didn't mess up that badly and you stopped before you ate the whole thing...good for you! 1/4 of a slice of bread has roughly 4 grams of carb, so it probably won't throw you out of ketosis. It could, however, cause some carb cravings so drink the water like everyone advised. It takes some time to unlearn old habits, doesn't it?

gc1
Thu, Jun-13-02, 16:53
Ahh you didn't blow it..... just continue ... from what I read it may take 48 hours to get it rolling again but thats not very long :)

Even though I am a newbie I will tell ya how I know for sure what to expect from MY lunch...

I pack it myself

I am absolutely horrified at the thought of trying to order from a restaurant.
It ain't over....Just get back down to business and you will be fine.

Jeff

acturbevil
Fri, Jun-14-02, 08:16
Thanks everyone, you're all wonderful!

I was still in Ketosis last night, and 1/2 pound lighter this morning, so far so good.

After the bread indident my co-workers now think that I have completely lost it, between my mad dash to the garbage can and then the 1/2 gallon of water in 45 minutes that I consumed, they couldn't stop laughing. I thought for sure I was going to float away. To top it all off I have about an hours drive to and from work so needless to say the ride home was an interesting one; it's amazing what kind of looks you get when your doing the potty dance sitting in traffic. :daze:

I will admit that I was truly surprised by the taste of the bread, as wonderful as it smelled it didn't taste the same as it used to, I wonder if that's how everything else would be also?

Well anyhowz, I low carbed dinner, and just accepted the fact that I couldn't change what had happened, I just had to deal with it. Today I'm back on track, and will just try to be a little more careful, and I won't buy anymore sandwiches, it's just tooooooooooo tempting.

Thanks for all the kind words.

Annette

Soinwi
Fri, Jun-14-02, 11:45
Annette

You have already fiqured out what I wa gonna tell you---You can't change what happened but you can learn and not make the same mistakes at the next meal. Thats the key. Just try to pick yourself up and move on to being good on the next meal and up the water will help too!!

Sometimes having just that little bit is a bigger lesson also. It doesn;t taste as good as before and now you know it, so you'll probally not be as tempted again.

Good luck and keep up the good job
Sonja :D