PDA

View Full Version : Hoping the can be my community :)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mushymindy
Sat, Aug-27-16, 01:19
Hi guys! Thanks for having me! My name is Mindy and I am from the land down under :wave:

I have a looooong history with dieting and have tried just about every plan there is out there. I have always found low carb the easiest to stick to because I LOVE FOOD and I HATE being restricted on portions!

I had my first go at it back in about 2006 but it wasn't until 2011 when I got serious with it and lost 30lbs. I was going so well but then a family tragedy tipped me right back off the wagon :(. I've had a few re-starts since then and am finally in a good place in my life and ready to get back to my goal weight.

I don't have a heck of a lot to lose. I'd be happy with 10 - 15lbs.... luckily about 2 years ago I quit drinking and that has helped me to keep some of the weight off. I just want to feel happy and healthy again and not cringe when I catch a glimpse of my wobbly bits in the shower!

bkloots
Sat, Aug-27-16, 07:43
Welcome, Mindy. It matters not if you have 200 lbs to lose or 20. The challenge is learning how to eat forever in a way that's healthy, sustainable, enjoyable.

Just a caution though: some wobbly bits just never go away. Make peace with yourself, and save a lot of anxiety down the road. :D

Best wishes.

GreekRibs
Sat, Aug-27-16, 10:46
Hi guys! Thanks for having me! My name is Mindy and I am from the land down under :wave:
I have a looooong history with dieting and have tried just about every plan there is out there. I have always found low carb the easiest to stick to because I LOVE FOOD and I HATE being restricted on portions!

I had my first go at it back in about 2006 but it wasn't until 2011 when I got serious with it and lost 30lbs. I was going so well but then a family tragedy tipped me right back off the wagon :(. I've had a few re-starts since then and am finally in a good place in my life and ready to get back to my goal weight.
Hi Mindy and welcome, Aussie :wave: You will love this site with loads of deeply committed folks who eat on plan each and every day. I'm with you, I also LOVE FOOD and that's why I love low carb healthy fat. That's great you have a frame of reference with previous weight loss on this woe. So you already know it works. After the death of my mother two years ago, I also went haywire on food as solace. Glad the worst is behind you and that you're in a good place to take care of your eating now. Best of luck and enjoy the site!

mushymindy
Sat, Aug-27-16, 21:40
Thanks for the warm welcome, guys! Happy to be here :)

Sorry to hear about your Mum GreekRibs. Mine was my brother who I was very close to. I hate that I eat my feelings! I guess we are only human and we occasionally have our slip ups.

GreekRibs
Mon, Aug-29-16, 19:35
Thanks for the warm welcome, guys! Happy to be here
Sorry to hear about your Mum GreekRibs. Mine was my brother who I was very close to. I hate that I eat my feelings! I guess we are only human and we occasionally have our slip ups.Thanks Mindy. Oh yeah, that kind of loss is huge. And sometimes we just do what we do to get through. You are not far from your goal and will do just great. :wave: