PDA

View Full Version : Hi, new member here

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Os-carbie
Wed, Jul-20-16, 08:40
Hello :wave: I am a new member who has been doing my own low carbing thing since March this year. Back in January I started 'eating less' of all food groups but found carbs made me hungry and binge :help: . Doing research I found a youtube video by Gary Taubes that blew my mind and set me on a new path. I bought his book Why We Get Fat (based on the video) and from there did other research, which brought me to LCHF.

So, with some trepidation I cut out most carbs; rice, potatoes, pasta, bread plus desserts and sweet stuff. Scary stuff.

Here I am, in July, still doing it and loving the sense of freedom it has given me. My eating is stable, in fact I eat less. I know this is because I eat more fat now. I have been measuring my body fat % which was 50% and is now currently 40%. I still have a long way to go but I've got the rest of my life now to get this figure down to a healthier %.

Just returned from a cruise where I successfully low carbed, a miracle! :D

JEY100
Wed, Jul-20-16, 12:14
Welcome carbie, :wave:

You have obviously "got this" if you have almost lost 50 pounds in a few months. Congratulations! Look around all the forums and let us know how we can help. The book you read is my favorite too, my doctor's plan in back, so just keep on keepin' on.
All the best,

Os-carbie
Wed, Jul-20-16, 13:12
Thanks for your welcome, Janet. I will browse around the forum and website looking for inspiration and advice.