PDA

View Full Version : Need some friends on this lowcarb journey.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

duke.k
Wed, Jun-15-16, 03:44
Hi guys,

I'm from Thailand. I've been fat for my entire life (27 years).

I came to know lowcarb world through Gary Taubes' "Why We Get Fat" in 2015 and been reading about nutritional since then. I also like "Keto Clarity" by Jimmy Moore.

I lost 10 kg. in 2015 and felt really awesome. After then, the weight stalled.
This year, I somehow came back to the old eating habit and gain 5 kg. so far.

Now I decided to start my journey again and hope to continually improve my health. I'm now 103 kg. and want to be around 95 or less at the end of 2016. My ideal weight is around 85-90 kg. Not a strict number because I'm also building my muscle.

Happy to be here and wish I can have some friends to support each other along this journey. If you are interested, please don't hesitate to tell. It's very awkward to discuss lowcarb eating in Thailand since we eat rice with almost everything hahaha.

Thanks,
Duke

PS. sorry for any weird word selection or wrong grammar haha. I'm practicing English right now.

Ayla19
Thu, Jun-16-16, 18:14
Welcome Duke.

Bintang
Fri, Jun-17-16, 00:50
Duke,
Do you eat strictly local Thai food or do you also eat western type foods?
I have lived in Asia for the last ~15 years and I am now aware that the things to be careful of (and largely avoid) when eating asian foods are the rice, noodles and sauces which tend to be laced with sugar.
That being said there are also some very good local foods for low carbers. Here in Indonesia one of the things I like is beef rendang, which is high fat due to its generous content of coconut.

slwloser
Sat, Jun-18-16, 14:11
Hi Duke,

glad you joined the LC Forum.

Hi guys,

I'm from Thailand. I've been fat for my entire life (27 years).

I came to know lowcarb world through Gary Taubes' "Why We Get Fat" in 2015 and been reading about nutritional since then. I also like "Keto Clarity" by Jimmy Moore.

I lost 10 kg. in 2015 and felt really awesome. After then, the weight stalled.
This year, I somehow came back to the old eating habit and gain 5 kg. so far.

Now I decided to start my journey again and hope to continually improve my health. I'm now 103 kg. and want to be around 95 or less at the end of 2016. My ideal weight is around 85-90 kg. Not a strict number because I'm also building my muscle.

Happy to be here and wish I can have some friends to support each other along this journey. If you are interested, please don't hesitate to tell. It's very awkward to discuss lowcarb eating in Thailand since we eat rice with almost everything hahaha.

Thanks,
Duke

PS. sorry for any weird word selection or wrong grammar haha. I'm practicing English right now.

thud123
Sat, Jun-18-16, 14:20
Sawatdee-krap Duke. I'm a fan of Thailand. I've never been there but hope to visit one day. I also like the food from Thailand very spicy!

Rice noodles and rice were hard for me to not eat at first but I've found some shirataki noodle and now use shredded lettuce in instead of rice for stir fry, not the same but it soaks up flavors.

Let us know how we can help!

Jamackarch
Sat, Jun-18-16, 22:18
Hi Duke! :wave:
WELCOME!!! SO great to have you here with us! I know you will be successful, because you have decided you will be. :)
Your English is EXCELLENT!!!
I wish you all the best on your journey!
jams

duke.k
Mon, Jun-20-16, 01:02
OMG !
Thank you so much guys.
I feel pretty lonely to have a lowcarb lifestyle here because very very few people get the idea and science behind it.
Really appreciate your reply and comments.

Duke,
Do you eat strictly local Thai food or do you also eat western type foods?
I have lived in Asia for the last ~15 years and I am now aware that the things to be careful of (and largely avoid) when eating asian foods are the rice, noodles, and sauces which tend to be laced with sugar.
That being said there are also some very good local foods for low carbers. Here in Indonesia one of the things I like is beef rendang, which is high fat due to its generous content of coconut.

Hi Bintang,
I do eat both western and Thai food. Actually, many nations' food hahaha.
I agree that rice, noodles, and sauces are everywhere and have to be avoided.
Thanks a lot !

Sawatdee-krap Duke. I'm a fan of Thailand. I've never been there but hope to visit one day. I also like the food from Thailand very spicy!

Rice noodles and rice were hard for me to not eat at first but I've found some shirataki noodle and now use shredded lettuce in instead of rice for stir fry, not the same but it soaks up flavors.

Let us know how we can help!

Sa-was-dee-krub !
Thanks a lot for your suggestion.
I'm not sure whether shirataki noodles are good with lowcarb but shredded lettuce instead of rice is a very good idea.
:)

duke.k
Mon, Jun-20-16, 01:03
Hi Duke! :wave:
WELCOME!!! SO great to have you here with us! I know you will be successful, because you have decided you will be. :)
Your English is EXCELLENT!!!
I wish you all the best on your journey!
jams

Hi Jams,
Thank you!
I'm glad to be here too.