PDA

View Full Version : At Nat's Invitation -- Here I am

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Carrencut
Wed, Jun-12-02, 12:12
Well Hello everyone-

I'm new and excited to be here. I was missing Nat from another board and she suggested I come on over . . .

Hopefully will get lots of great information here (well, I know I will b/c Nat's here) and I'm looking forward to it.

Currently following BFL for my first Challenge and doing pretty well however I am eating less carbs that BFL suggests.

TeriDoodle
Wed, Jun-12-02, 12:25
Hey there!! I have no doubt that you'll love it here!

Congratulations on your great success thusfar! :thup: Let us know how we can help you!! :D

Natrushka
Wed, Jun-12-02, 13:03
Hi there Carol :) You sure are a lady of action! Good to see you here. I saw that you started a journal, a great idea. You'll get a lot of visitors, not to mention some great support and help.

Have you had a chance to look through the General Exercise forum? Trainerdan has some great information about weight lifting and cardio. And of course, there is the BFL forum.

Not sure if you're aware or not, but Vicki is here as well (fitby55).

Currently following BFL for my first Challenge and doing pretty well however I am eating less carbs that BFL suggests.

Quite the understatement - you're eating fewer carbs than I am. I think you'll find a lot of great information on this site. You've been doing BFL a la LC without realizing it, I think.

Cheers!
Nat

Carrencut
Wed, Jun-12-02, 15:37
:confused: What's the best product for fat burning??

I'd love to add a supplement the last 4 weeks to my BFL regimine. Any suggestions as to what works best? I usually do not have any problem with ephedra and that sort of stuff especially since I have been caffiene free!!

Natrushka
Wed, Jun-12-02, 16:20
Carol, the best product is of course muscle ;) If you're interested in learning more about the pros and cons of ECA (ephedra/caffeine/asprin) check out the monster thread in the General Exercise forum - it's stuck at the top and it's chock full of information on what you can do to help tweak your metabolism.

N

Carrencut
Thu, Jun-13-02, 07:44
Thanks Nat!

I'll check that out later today, we are prepping for staff meeting now. (Can't you tell??)

I really need to probably take lunch at my desk today to see if I can find motivation to do the weights. I read that the water walking is better than on dry so I'm doing to try that today AFTER LBWO from yesterday for my cardio I basically did half-hartedly on Tuesday. :rolleyes: I know a missed workout is a missed work out but . . .

I'm doing ok with the food still but it's just those weights getting me down . . . :p

This too shall pass . . .

Natrushka
Thu, Jun-13-02, 08:01
Originally posted by Carrencut
I'm doing ok with the food still but it's just those weights getting me down . . . :p

This too shall pass . . .

What exactly is getting you down about the weights? Why not post a general question relating to what you're experiencing in the General Exercise forum? I'm sure others have been there before - perhaps you'd get some ideas.

N