PDA

View Full Version : So pleased to stumble upon!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

SugrAddict
Thu, Mar-31-16, 08:47
:wave: Hello!
I googled "how many carbs in vanilla extract" today and it brought me to the general low-carb forum here (1 tsp=0.531 grams). That is before I realized I have SF vanilla syrup for coffee in my cupboard. Anyway, happy to have stumbled upon this site. I'm typically more of a lurker-type, but figured I'd check in here with an intro. LC is the way for me! Although I've loosely followed Atkins in the past, I never seemed to stick with it. This needs to be a WOE for me. Yes, the light bulb has finally gone off and slowly but surely I am down nearly 25 pds since around 9/2015 (as mentioned...slowly :( ). Now I'm off to continue lurking around the site with my hot cocoa in hand (hershey's dark cocoa, unsweetened almond/coconut milk, stevia, & a shot of SF vanilla syrup...mmm!). Have a great day, all! Amy

bkloots
Fri, Apr-01-16, 09:15
What?? No welcome since yesterday? Usually people here are pretty quick to say hello. :wave:

I might suggest, however, that your posts would be easier to read if you went for a larger font and a darker color. Just sayin'

Best wishes. Enjoy exploring the threads and resources here.

GreekRibs
Fri, Apr-01-16, 09:33
:wave: Hello!
This needs to be a WOE for me. Yes, the light bulb has finally gone off and slowly but surely I am down nearly 25 pds since around 9/2015 (as mentioned...slowly :( ). Now I'm off to continue lurking around the site with my hot cocoa in hand (hershey's dark cocoa, unsweetened almond/coconut milk, stevia, & a shot of SF vanilla syrup...mmm!). Have a great day, all! Amy Hi Amy - welcome to this fabulous website. Congratulations on losing 25 pounds since last September. You'll find most of us here have attempted LCHF a few times before realizing it has to be a permanent way of eating. Do you follow the eating regime outlined in Dr. Atkins books? I'm watching the documentary That Sugar Film. It's available online and is SO good. Most of us find it helpful to read books and watch good speakers talk about the how, why and what of sugar addiction.

Also, I know you describe yourself as a lurker, but don't hesitate to start your own journal on the journal/bootcamp thread because it really helps to list your daily intake and any thoughts/feelings about your journey. Posters here want to see you succeed!! Best of luck :wave:

slmrickman
Sat, Apr-02-16, 09:21
Welcome...........

SugrAddict
Tue, Apr-05-16, 06:43
Thank you, all! I appreciate the warm welcome and helpful suggestions. I am hopeful that tips, feedback, and information from this site will help with my current stall and get me back moving in the right direction. Amy

SugrAddict
Tue, Apr-05-16, 06:48
...btw...yes, GreekRibs, I am following the program outlined in Dr Atkins books. I will also look for That Sugar Film doc online. Sounds like fitting info for me. Thanks!