PDA

View Full Version : Hello~

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

AlluraD
Wed, Mar-30-16, 08:23
Hi everyone. I will be 59 next month and am retired, on disabiity for back injury thst makes walking and distance brutsl. I joined this forum about 13 years ago and lost 140 lbs...felt amazing. But fast forward a serious back injury and many, many years dabbling with vegan, juicing, raw foods, etc... I gained back 90 of those lbs. Have health issues I didn't have before. .

High blood pressure
Sleep apnea
Type 2 Diabetis
Hypothyrodism
Major dibilitating back pain/conditions

So...started back on lc, the only thing that's ever worked for me long term. Am glad and relieved to be back.
Today is day 8 and I am down 8 lbs.

Looking forward to supporting others and being supported...glad to be home.

MickiSue
Wed, Mar-30-16, 08:37
Well done on your first week, Allura. A quick look at your list of issues leads me to believe that if you stick to your plan, or modify as needed to continue losing, you will also "lose" all but one of those health issues: the hypothyroidism.

I have hypothyroidism, too, and have found that LCHF is helpful with that, especially with the weight loss, when doing what I thought was healthy did, basically, nothing. As in, losing 5 lbs in 3 years, nothing!

Now that you're back, I really recommend that you look at how you want your life to be once you have achieved your goal weight, and then move toward living that during your weight loss journey.

I'm eating, today, what I'll be eating the day after I hit my goal, and beyond. I'm very low carb, eat foods that I love, and rarely deal with either cravings or inappropriate hunger.

Welcome to the rest of your healthier life!

JEY100
Wed, Mar-30-16, 08:38
Welcome back, Allura. :wave:
Going mostly vegetarian did similar for me and others...we understand. But you know what works, though there are a few new books and websites that you may have missed. If you haven't already read it, suggest Dr. Jason Fung's Obesity Code, and try a free trial membership on the DietDoctor for great interviews with some of the new names in diabetes diets, etc. http://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb
Suggest updating start date on your profile, will help answers about your new health issues.
All the best,

AlluraD
Wed, Mar-30-16, 10:18
MickiSue....thanks for the welcome. Lc is great....as always I have no cravings or excessive hunger. Am in mild ketosis but imagine that will increase without the Lc frankenfoods. And as I knew it would, my constant thinking about food and which direction to go next is gone.
It's forever and I know that.

AlluraD
Wed, Mar-30-16, 10:22
Janet,
Thank you for the welcome. I'll def, check out the book. I joined diet doctor last week, it's a great site. I have no doubt eating lc will take care of most of my health issues. The thing that's is most wonderful and exactly as I rememer....no hunger, no cravings, no stress, no obsession.

slmrickman
Sat, Apr-02-16, 09:24
Welcome back.................