PDA

View Full Version : Hey from the UK :)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

VicBu82
Sat, Mar-12-16, 08:29
Hello,

This is my second time low Carbing. I did it 4 years ago, lost 3st (42lbs) and it was great. Then I went back to uni and then did my PGCE to train as a science teacher. Over that 4year period I gained all of the weight back again :(

Last Sunday I started it again, it works wonders for me, I feel better doing it and this week has been great. So far I have lost 8lbs!

I still have a long way to go but this week has been just the kick start I need.

I am using MyFitnessPal to keep a food diary and have paid for the premium upgrade so that I can set my tracker to follow carbs at the amount I want. So far I have set carbs at 100g per day, I have never hit anywhere near this target, usually I am having 60g-80g of carbs daily. I have the ability to drop it lower should I reach a plateau in future.

Not really folllowing anyone's plan to the letter, re-read Arthur DeVany to remind myself of what I should be doing

bkloots
Sat, Mar-12-16, 08:33
Best wishes. As you appear to be a young person, a moderately low-carb plan (60-80g) will probably accomplish what you want.

I still have a long way to go Yes, you do. Think "the rest of your life." Now is the time to establish a lifelong eating pattern so as not to "rinse and repeat" the weight-losing ordeal again and again.

Best wishes.

VicBu82
Sat, Mar-12-16, 09:02
Best wishes. As you appear to be a young person, a moderately low-carb plan (60-80g) will probably accomplish what you want.

I think I love you, approaching 40 faster than I want to :lol: :lol:

bkloots
Sat, Mar-12-16, 09:09
Approaching 70 sooner than I ever imagined. :lol: Don't worry. 70 is the new 40, especially with a healthy LC lifestyle. You still have a long way to go.