PDA

View Full Version : I am starting tomorrow & cant wait!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Jules_Diet
Tue, Jun-11-02, 11:14
:wave: Hi There!

I have done lots of research and am about to embark on a new lifestyle - hopefully get a trim body in the process!

No doubt, I will be a regular here!

I do have a quick question? I am in the UK and would like to know if anyone could recommed a multivitamin or something that contains most of the goodies which I should be taking?

Thanks

lesleyc
Tue, Jun-11-02, 14:37
Hi Jules and Welcome,

What a great start to your new WOL, research and reading :thup:

You'll also find lots of useful information on this site to help you out.

Can't help you with the multiviatmins in the UK question, but if no UK'ers read this try posting the question again in the UK forum.

Great to have you here
Lesley :wave:

Jules_Diet
Tue, Jun-11-02, 15:03
Thanks for the warm welcome Lesley and from a fellow Kiwi as well( I have been in London for the last 11 years but originally from NZ)!!! Anyway, it's great to have this site to investigate, get ideas, motivation etc.

Thanks once again!

Jules

lesleyc
Tue, Jun-11-02, 15:04
Ahhh....an ex pat! :D

Where abouts in NZ are you from?

Lesley

Jules_Diet
Tue, Jun-11-02, 15:14
Mum & Dad are in Reporoa (between Rotorua & Taupo) but I lived in Tauranga before I left for my OE (for 2 years which turned into 11). Now in London.

Miss NZ and sunshine but get back at least once a year!

Looking forward to coming back at Christmas (a stone lighter!!!)

:roll: Just had my last wine for a while!!!

Tigra1965
Wed, Jun-12-02, 07:49
From one Jules to another - welcome to the forum

I too am in the UK in East Yorkshire and have been on the Atkins WOE for 2 weeks today. I am proud to say I've lost 10lb in total and look forward to losing alot more.

As regards the vitamins I also had this problem - so I choose a good multivitamin, multimineral and Complex B. I also started to use LoSalt - because its got less sodium in it and alot more potassium. The potassium is good for you I've been advised.

I hope all goes well with you and feel free to pop into my journal anytime. Or why dont you do one yourself - its a good way of keeping track and something to refer back too.

Good luck :wave:

Jules_Diet
Wed, Jun-12-02, 12:39
Thanks for the advice Julie. I have been out and purchased all the goodies so I feel like I am not depriving my body of anything.

Yes, I think a journal might be a good idea.

Thanks once again for the the advice, kind words & encouragement.

Julia :wave:

Tigra1965
Fri, Jun-14-02, 12:45
Hiya Jules

Just thought I'd pop by again and see how your getting on.

I'm glad to see you've got your supplements - at least your not going to deprive your body of any essentials along the way.

Keep up the good work and let us know how you are doing.

Bye for now :wave:

Jules_Diet
Mon, Jun-17-02, 12:32
Hi Julie

Thanks for the last message. Sorry, it's been a while responding - I have had the worst 3 days (nothing to do with the diet), my computer crashed on Saturday morning - bit of a major for me as I am a computer programmer & I work from home, so it's my bread (or should I say Cheese) & butter! I had a backup, but that seems to be corrupt so I have lost a fair bit of important info :( .

Some good news!
So I am on my 6th Day of the diet and I have lost about 6lbs. I have been so preoccupied with my computer problems that I have not really had time to think about how I am feeling although I have not felt bad at all except for the first few days when I was a bit weak & had headaches (to be expected). I hope it continues but I do expect a slow down as I don't have a huge amount to lose! This weekend & next week will be a test as I have 2 parties & next Tuesday off to Wimbledon to the tennis (I have tickets on Centre Court!! :) )

I have been exercising as per usual (pretty intense workout 4x a week) and not feeling any tiredness as others have experienced.

So all in all it's going well. Feel much more alive and seem to be getting a good nights sleep. It was always a struggle to get out of bed in the mornings bit now I am waking at 6.30am and jumping out of bed!

So that's my news. I hope it's all going well for you also!

Once I have my computer sorted I will become a bit more active in the forums.

All the best

Jules