PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

nemo777
Wed, Mar-02-16, 05:13
Hello,
I am new to the forum. I was researching glycogen depletion and came across the forum. It looks like there are some good articles and helpful feedback here. I have been eating low-carb for over 2 years now. I decided to do something about my health a couple of years ago when I was dissatisfied with the way I looked and got fed up with feeling sick and hurting all the time. I was about 260lbs at the time. I quit relying on a scale a little while back but last I checked I was 210lbs. I feel much better and am happy with my success thus far. In an effort to ever-improve the quality of my life I just made another life changing decision recently. After 28 years of wearing glasses, I got lasik wavefront surgery done on my on my eyes this past weekend. I like it. I'm glad to have come across this group and look forward to reading more excellent posts.

Thanks,
nemo777

bkloots
Wed, Mar-02-16, 09:08
Hello, Nemo. It sounds like you've made the commitment to LC as a lifestyle. You'll find lots of support for that here. Congrats on your success.

Make yourself at home, and read around. Start a journal if you like, so people can visit you personally.

Best wishes.