PDA

View Full Version : Hello to all

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

pwdiver
Mon, Feb-22-16, 09:21
Im new to this forum, but hope to get more informed about Atkins. My Wife and I have been on it since Jan 4th of this year Im down about 16lbs my wife seem's to be holding at 10lb's. Trying to get more info to help my wife lose more weight. Any tips would be appreciated.:q:

bkloots
Mon, Feb-22-16, 12:13
Welcome! You've come to one of the best places on the Net to get educated and inspired for your LC lifestyle. It's just great that you and your wife are doing it together.

First thing: read all the Sticky threads. This is basic information that will reinforce your plans. Next, start a food diary somewhere. MyP.L.A.N. on this site is used by many people. I like Fitday. Both are free, and handy to use once you get used to how they work. Collecting data becomes more and more important as time goes on, because every body is different. I'm sure your wife has noticed that! Finally, consider starting a Journal here. People can visit you personally and answer questions, etc.

Best wishes.

P. S. If you are "doing Atkins" you must read at least one of the books written by Dr. Atkins. Widely available at used bookstores. The Atkins website seems to promote the use of manufactured products--usually not a good long-term choice. Another book I recommend: Why We Get Fat and What to Do About It by Gary Taubes. History, science, and some dietary guidance from the Westman clinic at Duke University. Excellent resource.

jschwab
Mon, Feb-22-16, 12:20
In general, men lose weight more quickly, period. She's not doing anything wrong - it just takes awhile.

Clea
Thu, Feb-25-16, 16:27
Hi Pwdiver! You guys have done really well - your wife is have a different weight loss pattern to you, even if you follow the same diet and the same activity levels, because our weight, metabolism and our body's physical state is influenced by many factors, not least of which are the hormones. As our bodies change so do our levels and ratios of hormones, particularly for women who are subject to cyclical fluctuations to start with!

On a graph my husband loses weight in a straight line (if you see what I mean) while my weight loss shows up like a drunken spider with a pencil.

pwdiver
Fri, Feb-26-16, 06:36
My Wife has a pretty stressful office job that keeps her at work for a lot longer than she would like, she hasnt read the Atkin's book which I have a copy of. I havent read the book but I have done this diet several times over the last 15 years and have lost weight. My wife get's frustrated because she is holding at 10lbs since we started Jan 4th of this year, she is really stressed out with the new job that may be what's limiting her weight lose. Im at about 18 lbs down. :help: