PDA

View Full Version : Restart after 15 year slide

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Kinmount
Wed, Feb-10-16, 10:21
Hello. I'm back on Protein Power after a 15 year slide. First time around I lost 45 pounds over a year and reached my goal weight. After a while I got lazy and weight started creeping up. I tried a couple of uncommitted restarts and abandoned them.
In January, my weight crept up to 200 pounds, more than I've ever weighed before. That was enough to kick me in the butt to restart with resolve.
I'm pleased to see all the resources on this site, and the vast array of meal ideas.
I know it will be harder this time around because I weigh more and am 15 years older. I'm 60 now and that post menopausal age presents it's own set of weight loss challenges.

JEY100
Wed, Feb-10-16, 12:17
Welcome Kinmount,

Be sure to read all of Dr. Eades posts on the Second Time around and restarting LC. Great advice, many comments on each article: https://proteinpower.com/drmike/2014/01/05/help-low-carb-dieters/
He is supposed to be working on a new edition of PP...that will be great. All the best,

Groovegirl
Wed, Feb-10-16, 12:51
Congrats for starting back up. I'll have to check into Protein Power - I don't know that one very well.

Kinmount
Thu, Feb-11-16, 16:22
Thanks Janet. That was an informative link.

mojolissa
Thu, Feb-11-16, 20:57
Wow, your story sounds just like me. I also started out with Protein Power and ut feels like it was so much easier the first time around. :agree: I reached my goal weight quickly and then I thought I could go back to eating the way I did before. BIG MISTAKE! Gained all the weight back and more.
This time around the yo-yo is happening. I just can't seem to get the groove back that I had the first time around. So frustrating! Never give up though ;) We will do this!

Anisoptera
Sat, Feb-20-16, 13:14
Hello. I'm back on Protein Power after a 15 year slide. First time around I lost 45 pounds over a year and reached my goal weight. After a while I got lazy and weight started creeping up. I tried a couple of uncommitted restarts and abandoned them.
In January, my weight crept up to 200 pounds, more than I've ever weighed before. That was enough to kick me in the butt to restart with resolve.
I'm pleased to see all the resources on this site, and the vast array of meal ideas.
I know it will be harder this time around because I weigh more and am 15 years older. I'm 60 now and that post menopausal age presents it's own set of weight loss challenges.

I can very much relate! I also was successful about that long ago, maintained for a few years, then kids, career, crazy life, and it all came back. Lots of false re-starts, etc., and, well, here I am again. Hope we are both successful again!!

Kinmount
Sat, Feb-20-16, 18:32
Hello Mojolissa and Anisoptera! Glad to hear our stories are similar. "Life got in the way" pretty much sums it up.

Except this time around we are older and wiser and won't fall for that trick again right? Good luck to both of you.

mojolissa
Mon, Feb-22-16, 11:19
Thanks for stopping by my journal :)
Yes, we are dealing with a water crisis in Flint. Those poor people and especially children that were affected by the lead in their water, my heart goes out to them.
We have sent bottles and bottles of water to help out, but something needs to be done to correct the problem.

You live in Ontario? My grandpa grew up on a little farm in Hensal Ontario. He moved to Michigan many moons ago to get a job at Oldsmobile. Small world eh?