PDA

View Full Version : BG improvements, over time

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

nwlifter
Sun, Jan-24-16, 13:40
Hey folks,

Curious how your improvements in FBGs went over time with low carb. Also , relate weight loss and daily carbs maybe?

I've been doing low carb since November, 2 weeks of <100 then a month of <30, the laser two weeks I experimented with 25-30 per meal just to see how my BG responses were, but now going back to lower again. Also, 5 minutes ago a copy of Dr. Bernstein's diabetes solution just arrived at my door :)

So, very curious as to once other ppl went vlc, how long it took for each 'drop' in BG levels. I've talked to some on other forums where they had a lot of weight to lose and one guy took a year to lose enough, then completely reversed his,.... FBG 80's and perfect post prandial BGs.

Thanks!

CallmeAnn
Sun, Jan-24-16, 23:57
Mine will typically be 105 to 115 when I'm not doing lc. Then, when I start back, after a week, I will test under 100 about half of the time. Then I quit testing, usually, and just try to eat right.

My usual goal is about 20 g./day

nwlifter
Mon, Jan-25-16, 00:07
Mine will typically be 105 to 115 when I'm not doing lc. Then, when I start back, after a week, I will test under 100 about half of the time. Then I quit testing, usually, and just try to eat right.

My usual goal is about 20 g./day
Cool, what was your starting bg and how long till you hit to that level originally?

gonwtwindo
Mon, Jan-25-16, 00:27
When I first started LCing, my BG was low within a week. I quit taking the meds but still checked my sugar.

CallmeAnn
Mon, Jan-25-16, 08:41
I have no idea what I started at. I wish I did. Sorry.