PDA

View Full Version : Hello, fellow LCers!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

KimNC
Mon, Jun-10-02, 13:39
Well, I've been LCing for about three weeks and I've lost 6 pounds! I've encountered a few weak moments when I just couldn't resist the cake and/or ice cream, but just knowing how terrible I feel (physically AND mentally) afterwards is enough deterrent for me!

I've been overweight most of my life. I have spent the last year following the low-fat regimine with no success (surprise, surprise). After reading the Heller's Carbohydrate Addicts books I realized what my problem was.

I enjoying eating the salami and bacon and I don't miss carbs (too much).

This forum is a great place to share our successes and a great resource for information.

Good luck to us all! :D

Tigra1965
Mon, Jun-10-02, 14:31
Hello Kim :wave:

I just wanted to welcome you to the forum.

I'm relatively new myself - 12 days on the Atkins programme and have lost 12lb - so it can be done. The ladies and gents out there have been really supportive and I know they will be for you too.

My advice is to read through the journals and copy some of the recipes. Also start your own journal - it gives you something to look back on when things dont go the way you want them to or vice versa.

Anyway good luck and happy LCing. I'll pop by again :wave:

KimNC
Mon, Jun-10-02, 15:14
Thanks for the welcome, Julie! :wave:

I do plan to start a journal, but it's been put in the procrastinator's bin!

LittleAnne
Tue, Jun-11-02, 01:52
Hi Kim

Welcome to this forum. It is a great place for advice, support, information and motivation.

Stop that procrastination and start a journal. It is a great way to record your progress and also a place to meet others and make friends.

Every success for the future.

DWRolfe
Tue, Jun-11-02, 07:48
Hello Kim!

So happy you've found us!

I hope you'll take the time to click all over the place! There's so much information shared here...even after months and months in this forum, I still find new things every day.

Don't hesistate to ask questions and share experiences. It's all about support!

Good luck!

Donald :daze:

KimNC
Tue, Jun-11-02, 17:00
Little Anne and Donald, thanks for the warm welcome!

Yes, Donald, I've "clicked all over the place" and often end up lost with several windows open! :eek:

I just printed the recipe you posted --DEEP DISH PIZZA QUICHE and my mouth is watering! :thup:

Thanks again!

msjames
Wed, Jun-12-02, 08:01
Hello and welcome aboard Kim :wave:.

donnaj
Wed, Jun-12-02, 10:26
You will found everyone here is wonderful and just waiting to help you with your journey to a healthier life. I also agree that writing in your journal is a wonderful way to keep on track and meet the wonderful angels here on the forumn. The recipes are wonderful also. I also use Fitday.com daily to help me keep on track with my carb count. One of the secrets, I have found in losing weight is drinking plenty of water. It really works. So, I look forward in sharing your journey.
Donna :wave: