PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

balsamclub
Thu, Jan-07-16, 12:39
Hi!

I'm Rick 68 years old.
Trying to lose 100 to 130 lbs
Gained 30 pounds the last two months was up to 312.5.
On low carb for 3days have lost 9 lbs.
Target weight 185 lbs. but 200 would be good too.

DorkMist
Fri, Jan-15-16, 16:52
Hi Rick - I'm new here too! Good luck on your journey!

JEY100
Fri, Jan-15-16, 17:51
Welcome Rick :wave:
You have found a great forum, look for the topics that will support you on your journey to good health. All the best,

gonwtwindo
Fri, Jan-15-16, 23:34
Hi Rick, welcome to the board! Glad you found low carbing :)

bkloots
Sat, Jan-16-16, 08:23
Welcome, Rick. Look for the Forum called TDC--Triple Digits Club. You'll find other folks who have been working on large losses. One regular poster, Khrusshva, has achieved a very substantial loss in the past two years. He has many wise things to say about the journey.

Best wishes.

Just Jo
Sat, Jan-16-16, 08:56
:wave: Hello & Welcome Rick!

Huge Congrats on your losses to date! :cheer:

Many very helpful, experienced and friendly people on this site! Lots of them have been über successful in not only losing the weight but keeping it off ~ some for decades! They are my heroes!

Like Barbara said Khrusshva (Ken) is living proof of what happens when someone lives the LC WOE! He's very inspirational, motivating and supportive!

Here's the link to his journal if you're interested (I read it every day I'm in here):

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=461979

Wishing you much success on your continued journey to a HEALTHIER YOU! :cheer:

Little Me
Sat, Jan-16-16, 10:18
Hi Rick, welcome. We've got several members here in your age group trying to be the best they can be. Settle in and read some of the highly informational posts. Best wishes on your journey!