PDA

View Full Version : hi i'm new member 🌷

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

hanan81
Mon, Jan-04-16, 10:34
hi evrey one it's my first time here my name is hanan and i'm a mother of 2 amazing boys and i have hypothyroid.. happy new year to all one of you my resolution to 2016 is to lose about 10 kg and be more healthy so i just started today atkins diet ..thanks

FatFreeMe
Mon, Jan-04-16, 14:02
Welcome aboard Hanan... come on in!

MickiSue
Mon, Jan-04-16, 14:37
Welcome, Hanan. I, too, am hypothyroid, and low carb/high fat is the only way that I know of to lose weight and keep it off.

I'm down, now, 27 pounds from when I first started this way of eating, and I'm going to be 65 in a few days. If I can do it, you can, too.

hanan81
Mon, Jan-04-16, 15:47
Welcome aboard Hanan... come on in!
thanks for welcoming 😊

hanan81
Mon, Jan-04-16, 15:51
Welcome, Hanan. I, too, am hypothyroid, and low carb/high fat is the only way that I know of to lose weight and keep it off.

I'm down, now, 27 pounds from when I first started this way of eating, and I'm going to be 65 in a few days. If I can do it, you can, too.

thanks a lot and congrats for what you did..
hope to achive your goal as soon as posible ..
i'm in the normal weight maybe this is the hardest part but i have been thin all my life and i want to get that back ..
nice to hear others stories that help us

NicPr
Mon, Jan-04-16, 23:32
Welcome welcome. Feel free to ask questions any time. When I started out I quickly figured out that there were good answers to all my questions on this forum.

hanan81
Tue, Jan-05-16, 11:24
Welcome welcome. Feel free to ask questions any time. When I started out I quickly figured out that there were good answers to all my questions on this forum.
thanks and yup i started yesturday already with my questions and i found the answers as well it's really good to find this forum ;)

bkloots
Wed, Jan-06-16, 08:20
Welcome to a good place for information and support.

hope to achive your goal as soon as posible . You'll learn as you go that the primary objective of low-carb eating is a change in lifestyle. That way, when you achieve your "thin" goal, you'll know how to stay there. Weight loss is relatively easy. Maintenance for life is the struggle for many of us.

So don't worry about "as soon as possible" as much as "the rest of your life." You'll be able to be your thin self forever with a solid LC lifestyle.

Best wishes.

Trish A
Wed, Jan-06-16, 11:05
I am new here, and have been a low carber high protein for 14 years. Haven't exercised in the last 4-5 years, and have had a hard time maintaining my weight since, even tho i eat lowish carb high protein.

This type of eatting has me feeling the best, and has me very healthy,myet i want to lose about 5 lbs and i am struggling to not go higher eatting as before!!

Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful. I didn't have this going on before.

Thanks,

Trish A.

bkloots
Wed, Jan-06-16, 13:31
Hello, Trish A. Welcome. First off, consider reposting this in the Introduce Yourself forum. That way you can get a thread of your own, and possibly more responses to your question.

There are many ways to do low-carb. These days, higher fat, lower protein seems to be one approach that works to end long plateaus and/or gradual gains.

When you post in your new thread, please include a description of your typical daily menu. That way folks can key off what is/isn't working for you.

Best wishes.

hanan81
Thu, Jan-07-16, 13:03
So don't worry about "as soon as possible" as much as "the rest of your life." You'll be able to be your thin self forever with a solid LC lifestyle.

Best wishes.

thanks a lot and i will keep what you say and repeated every day :thup:

hanan81
Thu, Jan-07-16, 13:07
I am new here, and have been a low carber high protein for 14 years. Haven't exercised in the last 4-5 years, and have had a hard time maintaining my weight since, even tho i eat lowish carb high protein.

Trish A.

welcome Trish A and as bkloots said there is many way to be on LC and i did what you just do before and it didn't help me alot high protein is not the idea the real one i think is to eat more fat i just notice that ..
and you can search about fat fast maybe it will help you ..
wish you the best