PDA

View Full Version : Hi from the Netherlands

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

xnaomin
Sun, Jan-03-16, 13:09
Hi everyone :) ,
I'm Naomi, 19years and I just started the atkins diet
I've always been quit slim but over the last 1/2 years I gained 15-20 pounds (I'm 5'8 since age 14), my current weight is 154 pounds.
I'm desperate to lose the weight although I'm still a healthy BMI, anyone who has experience with that?
I also go to the gym often, weight training and today I noticed I had less power than normal... Will this get better? (this is my 3th day of atkins)

bkloots
Sun, Jan-03-16, 14:05
Welcome, Naomi. That creeping weight gain is annoying, isn't it? However, it's possible that your natural healthy weight will exceed the stupid BMI calculation if you workout regularly and are very fit. Muscle is a good thing.

Three days on Atkins is just barely enough time for your body to adjust to a new "fat-burning" mode instead of carbohydrates for fuel. Yes, it is normal to feel a bit fatigued. Be sure you get enough salt to replenish fluids in your tissues. A cup or two of broth or bouillon should help.

Come to the forum anytime. Lots of experts here can help you with your questions and concerns.

Best wishes.

NicPr
Mon, Jan-04-16, 23:45
Hi. Welcome here.