PDA

View Full Version : Fell off the wagon

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

wolfgang
Sun, Jun-09-02, 18:17
Hi Everyone!

I have been hiding out as I 'fell off the wagon'. I'd been successful for months, felt great, was within 8 pounds of reaching a HUGE milestone (199) and then, for reasons I cannot begin to comprehend, I cheated (and cheated and cheated...) Has this happened to any one else out there?!

HELP!!!!

Well, tomorrow is Monday, the perfect 'fresh start' opportunity!
I can do it! I can do it! I can do it! We can all do this together!

Wolfgang

Lisa N
Sun, Jun-09-02, 19:06
I'm sure it's happened to many, many of us out here, myself included. The best thing to do is forgive yourself, get back on the wagon and try to learn from what happened. Think back and see if you can find the trigger that sent you off in the wrong direction, then think about ways that you can avoid that in the future. Right now is the best time to get back on track and start over. You can do it!

Atrsy
Sun, Jun-09-02, 19:25
At least you know what happened and you faced it. By coming back here, you've made your first step to success. Keep coming to this site--people here will help you keep on the straight and narrow.

You can do this. You've already shown yourself that you can!

Belle
Sun, Jun-09-02, 22:08
I went to my mothers a couple of weeks ago to drop my son off for the summer and ate chips, bread, and some other stuff on the trip down there that is not in this WOE. Anyway, I stalled for a couple of weeks, was really hard on myself. Then I just told myself, I made a mistake, get over it and start eating right again. I went and worked out today and have started losing again. Funny how before this WOE, I could eat anything and not feel guilty about it, but now, god help me if I try and look at ice cream, I am kicking myself all day, which I haven't had since about a week before my induction. So, cheer up. You don't ever fall that far behind that you can't catch back up. Good luck.
Sincerely, Belle

wolfgang
Mon, Jun-10-02, 03:40
Thanks so much for your support everyone!

Today is a new day and I think I'll start it with a big glass of water and a walk to work! I can't wait to start treating my body the way it deserves to be treated once again!

Doodle
Mon, Jun-10-02, 05:50
You are soooooooo far from being alone in this situation...
I just try to keep on remembering what I have learned.. SOmetimes I have a very short memory! ;)
Doods.

DWRolfe
Mon, Jun-10-02, 07:41
It's worth finding some quiet time for yourself and trying to find the reason why you would choose to jump off the wagon just before hitting a milestone...

Perhaps you're a little afraid of losing that weight because it takes you into uncharted emotional territory...

Or maybe you started feeling so successful that you felt invicible...you know, that same old trap we fall into when we lose weight and start looking good...I'm doing fine so a little of this and that won't hurt too much...

Or maybe you got a little bored with your menus...time to check out some new recipes to shake things up!

I'm totally speculating, of course, but it's worth identifying the reason so you can be prepared for it should it arise again.

Good luck and congratulations on your LC success!

Donald :wave:

Sparkle
Mon, Jun-10-02, 09:59
I was within 13lbs of goal then I cheated a week at Christmas, gained 10 and lost 8 of it. Than I cheated on my honeymoon and gained 10....BAM - 12 back and I haven't been too faithful since because I've been so down about it.

I measured this AM and almost cried so I am trying my best to pick myself up, brush myself off and jump back on the train starting TODAY!!

Wanna be motivation buddies???

wolfgang
Mon, Jun-10-02, 12:45
You know thanks to the motivation from your replies I am feeling healthier already (in so many ways!).

Donald, I think that you are onto something- I started to look and feel good so I thought why can't I have a 'little' of this or a 'little' of that- All those 'littles' took me right back to my old way of eating. I guess I have to accept that, if one has an adiction, there aint no way a 'little' cuts it for long- thus 'abstinence' is the word of the day!

Thanks everyone!
Wolfgang

Sparkle, I would love to be motivation buddies :spin: