PDA

View Full Version : New lifestyle

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Jessicam:)
Thu, Oct-29-15, 22:22
Hello my name is Jessica I just started my weight loss journey Monday so far so good. I'm glad I found this forum I always find myself needing help with low carb alternatives with recipes. Nice meeting everyone, blessings and good luck!

Jessica :wave:

esw
Fri, Oct-30-15, 04:27
Hello Jessicam and welcome.

Good choice joining the forum.
We are a friendly bunch and there is always someone to help steer you in the right direction. It's like have your own dietician right there in your home with you. :lol:

Check out the Kitchen corner, loads of recipes there.

Find a way of eating that you find sustainable this isn't a short term fix, it's learning a way of eating for the rest of your life.

Read lots on the forum, you can start a journal and if you need any help just post. All the best. :)

bkloots
Fri, Oct-30-15, 07:17
Hi, Jessica. You've come to a good place. :wave:

I like to cook, and having a few recipes in your plan is a good way to make sure you stick with it. However, my basic rule is: Keep it simple.

You might check out the Dinner, Dinner, Dinner thread for some ideas right off the bat. Last night, we ate one of my simple go-to recipes, a variation on something people around here call Crack Slaw (that's because it's so good it's addictive!) It's a skillet dish with ground beef and cabbage--or whatever. You can make it with leftovers. The seasonings make it lively and delicious.

After a while, you'll develop your own pantry--food items you keep on hand or in the freezer to put together in various ways. Mine includes: eggs, eggs, and more eggs, fresh spinach (this keeps better than other leafy greens), bacon, chicken (buy in large quantities to freeze), fish (fresh or frozen), cheese (I use this mostly as a condiment), pork tenderloin or whatever's on special (also in the freezer).

Thaw, cook, eat!

Enjoy finding your own style. It's a good way to live.

lowjax
Fri, Oct-30-15, 07:25
Welcome Jessica! There are a LOT of great recipes and ideas here as mentioned by Barbara and esw. Barbara is right on in keeping it simple. If you love cooking, you can get as creative as you want, but over time, sometimes it gets to be too much. Keeping it simple is usually the best bet for long term success.

Good luck and be sure to jump in, look around, and ask questions if you have any.