PDA

View Full Version : Six weeks on LCHF and 33lbs down

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

fisch171
Fri, Oct-23-15, 12:26
Hi All, I just joined and wanted to say hi. Been struggling with weight for 30 years. I think I ave finally found the solution. Amazed and inspired but what you guys are doing here. Looking forward to sharing and learning.

khrussva
Fri, Oct-23-15, 12:33
Great start, dude. Stick to your program through thick and thin, then great things will continue to happen for you. You joined a great support forum. There is lots of good information here (and some bad advice, too). Learn all you can and do your best to figure out how to make this WOE work for you.

Consider starting a journal. It is a great way to log your progress and it gives other members a place to post encouragement, tips and suggestions. You are a big dude ... like me. This is going to take a while. Hopefully, as you adapt to this proper way of eating, you will learn what it takes to make this the life-long commitment that it needs to be.

Best wishes. I hope to see you around and follow your progress.

fisch171
Fri, Oct-23-15, 12:44
Thanks so much. I see your progress is amazing. I am patient, so I am aiming for xmas 2016 to get near, but enjoying the ride on the way. Thanks for the advice, I will keep posting.

JEY100
Sat, Oct-24-15, 04:17
Welcome fisch :wave:
You are off to a great start and do follow Ken's progress and journal...he and some other men active on this forum can support your journey. It does help to know how this diet works and all the health benefits from it, so look around the different sub-forums or maybe read one of the low carb books when you have the time. But the DietDoctor LCHF page is excellent to cover all the basics and has good video interviews with experts. http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf

All the best

Just Jo
Sat, Oct-24-15, 05:52
:wave: WOW Huge Congrats on your weight loss to date!! :cheer:

You are really rockin' and rollin' this incredible LC WOE! :agree:

It took me 35 years to finally FIGURE IT out... I'm a very very slow learner! :bash:

Wishing you much success on your journey to a healthier YOU! :cheer:

KDH
Sat, Oct-24-15, 14:04
Hi All, I just joined and wanted to say hi. Been struggling with weight for 30 years. I think I ave finally found the solution. Amazed and inspired but what you guys are doing here. Looking forward to sharing and learning.

That's awesome! My only advice is to try and avoid the whole "I'm not fat anymore, I can eat more 'normal' stuff now" trap that's coming down the road. Which seems totally illogical, I know, you know and everybody knows that eating what got you fat in the first place isn't a great idea. But humans are strange, our brains can justify almost anything. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. From M-XXL and back again! :lol:

Nrracing
Mon, Oct-26-15, 12:19
Keep up the great work, coming form another guy on this site. :thup:

You must stick to your guns each and every time you eat or eat out. yes you can go out to eat and lose the weight. I have.

Also never any cheat days EVER. THIS WOE is for life. Also get moving, that means to walk or do some type of work out each day and you will do great. Do not rush this WOL and it will work. :wave: :agree:

lowjax
Wed, Oct-28-15, 10:57
Welcome aboard! You are off to a fantastic start, stick to it!!