PDA

View Full Version : need help and hello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

rogalina
Sat, Oct-17-15, 11:17
Hello! Im searching to find support and its badly needed. I am struggling because my low carb Atkins diet not only stopped working but started causing regain. Im a long term low carber of nearly 11 years. I know my metabolism is slower at my age (54) and also have hashimotos. I think after so many years my body learned to make carbs out of excess protien and sadly I love to eat. For the last three months my low carb woe was exchanged for a calorie approach. But it quickly spiraled out of control as in endless night time eating such as 100 calorie popcorn bags (after bag) ect. Not only did I not lose weight but for the first time ever I am experiencing slight depression and ordinarily I am extremely happy such as off the charts happy! I want to return to low carb at around 40 net carbs without breaking the calorie bank. With hashimotos calories do count just as carbs do. I need support.

eljohnw
Sat, Oct-17-15, 11:37
Welcome rogalina, the people on this forum is are really helpful and the food threads have tons of easy recipes. In no time you will be your happy self.

rogalina
Sat, Oct-17-15, 11:46
Awesome! Thank you!

JEY100
Sat, Oct-17-15, 13:52
:wave: Welcome

Look all around the various forums here, there is even one on throid issues: http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=76
After being so far off the low carb wagon, I would suggest you go back to induction 1. to help get rid of the cravings and 2. as we age lower carb may be neccessary to lose weight.

What Atkins book do you have? The 1992 Induction plan is good, suggest you stay on it with restrictions on amounts of cheese, cream etc. until you are comfortably losing again. http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=236482

all the best,

rogalina
Sun, Oct-18-15, 07:11
Thank you!!

anniede
Sun, Oct-18-15, 08:47
Welcome, Rogalina! If you're looking for great support, you've come to the right place. Good luck with discovering what is going on with your body and weight loss. We're all rooting for you!

Anne

rogalina
Sat, Nov-14-15, 08:28
Atkins 40 and it is LOVE! See my journal for updates and again thank you all very much for the support and encouragement!