PDA

View Full Version : Not so fat, not so thin.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

nagantino
Sun, Sep-20-15, 07:04
After a 10 day holiday in Italy I've decided I need to "Do Something" about my weight. I'm not so overweight, about 14 st.whats that 196 lbs? The thing is, I was always pretty thin but since retiring I've put the weight on. Once before I tried Low Carb diet and it worked. There's nothing like getting into a pair of jeans or a Tshirt long discarded, or the compliments. Well I need to try again. My wife too is up for the LC too. I've no plan to follow just checking random webs. I found this one checking Dry Roasted Peanuts. I'm up for it.

JEY100
Sun, Sep-20-15, 08:05
Welcome to you both,
This is a good, basic LC plan, with some excellent videos to explain LC. http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf
There is a membership option on this site now but not necessary. All the info you need is free on this page, the science, recipes, meal plans, etc. good for when you don't need to lose a lot of weight but just want to eat healthy LC.

All the best,

bkloots
Sun, Sep-20-15, 13:34
Welcome! And by the way, Janet (Jey100) is a low-carb encyclopedia. She has a link to just about anything you want to know. :thup:

However, just begin exploring this site by clicking on various forums and info links, and you'll learn a lot of helpful stuff, including great recipes.

Best wishes to you and your wife.

MickiSue
Mon, Sep-21-15, 07:35
Welcome! Italy is one of my favorite places. I'm sure the fact that my grandson lives there has nothing to do with it. :lol:

Once you get into the groove of low carb, and feel the great health benefits, as well as weight loss, you might see why many of us have decided that this will be the way we eat for the rest of our lives.

nagantino
Tue, Sep-22-15, 02:31
The low carb regime worked before so we're back again. But, to tell you the truth, we see it as a plan in the short term........loose the weight then return to spuds and bread. I think now we need to look at the long term, The Long War.

JEY100
Tue, Sep-22-15, 05:35
I tried LC five years ago to lose the weight I had gained as a vegetarian (grains and bread) but it is the surprising health improvements that keep me on a LCHF plan like DietDoctor's. Life-long skin rashes cleared, joint pain in knees and hips resolved, my husband's GERD disappeared; all changes I did not expect. If I go back to having bread, my joints tell me it is a bad idea. You might also read WheatBelly or GrainBrain to see some newer research on nutrition's impact on gut health and the brain.
http://www.wheatbellyblog.com