PDA

View Full Version : Im New. Need Motivation

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

robin42613
Fri, Sep-11-15, 10:35
:wave: :help:

eljohnw
Fri, Sep-11-15, 10:50
Read the journal from people who have lost a lot of weight and have been on maintenance for awhile. It is very inspiring and one can learn a lot.

robin42613
Fri, Sep-11-15, 12:19
Just Went To Panera For Salad. Beware The Green Tea Is Full Of Sugar. I Saw ' Green Tea' On The Menu And Thought Oh Boy. They I Took A Sip And Almost Fell Over. Yeah It Tasted Wonderful But I Poured 3 Bucks Down The Drain.

Nancy LC
Fri, Sep-11-15, 13:17
Motivation is an ephemeral thing. It comes and goes like any mood. You need something better than "motivation" you need cold, hard facts. Educate yourself on why you should eat this way.

Nicekitty
Fri, Sep-11-15, 21:04
Panera is a dreadful place to go if you are low carb. I think just walking in the place and breathing will put you over your carb limit. I used to eat there about 3 times a week, and had to quit cold turkey. Eating out can be a bit difficult.

I eat this way because I truly believe this is the way were are meant to eat. Losing weight is just an added beni. What motivates me is thinking about how much better my body is feeling and doing with the proper diet.

Little Me
Sat, Sep-12-15, 10:28
Motivation is an ephemeral thing. It comes and goes like any mood. You need something better than "motivation" you need cold, hard facts. Educate yourself on why you should eat this way.

Well said, Nancy. I like it.

KDH
Mon, Sep-14-15, 10:15
:wave: :help:

Well, we would need to know what specific path you are taking, and what you are struggling with first. Everybody has a different story, no?

Mycie14
Mon, Sep-14-15, 14:46
Just Went To Panera For Salad. Beware The Green Tea Is Full Of Sugar. I Saw ' Green Tea' On The Menu And Thought Oh Boy. They I Took A Sip And Almost Fell Over. Yeah It Tasted Wonderful But I Poured 3 Bucks Down The Drain.

Good for you for not drinking the sweetened green tea! You could have told yourself it was ok since you already paid for it.

I've learned to ask if tea is sweetened or not when ordering. Also, ask for dressing on the side if it's a new salad for you. That way you can always ask for a different dressing if you end up with one that tastes like it has sugar in it. My go to at Panera is the Cobb Salad, no roll or chips, and one of the iced tea varieties from the self-serve beverages.