PDA

View Full Version : saussage and nut question

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mal
Sat, Jun-08-02, 12:31
hi im a new atkins eater and love this site but it has confused me a little. i thought you could eat unlimited saussages but you are all looking for low carb versions so do you have 2 be careful with them? also can i have dry roasted peanuts? thanks mal

fiona
Sun, Jun-09-02, 02:46
Hi Mal,

Yes mal, you do have to be careful with sausages - and a lot of other prepared foods. I know I just said this in another thread but you DO need to read the label on the packet you purchased and see the carb contents on that.

Use the Carb Counter link on your right. It will help.

There is a lottttttt of information here and it does take time to assimilate. Give yourself time.

I am nuts about nuts ;) You can have them (not during Induction) but it is best to watch how many. Maccademia nuts are the best as they have the highest fat content.

Have you tried using fitday.com?

Take care.

mal
Sun, Jun-09-02, 02:50
hi thanks for the info i will keep an eye on the saussages and nuts lol

LittleAnne
Sun, Jun-09-02, 03:53
Them sausages can be real dangerous. Most of them have a minimum of 6 carbs per sausage - thats all the rusk filler in them. Waitrose have some with 0.8 carbs per sausage, I believe, and the Buthers Choice range in Sainsbury's are between 1.5 and 3.5 carbs per sausage. As Fiona says, on this way of life you become addicted to reading labels to see what you can and cannot eat.

I like nuts as well. These however can be a stall food. Macademia nuts are generally more expensive in the UK, I buy 1 Kg of brazil nuts from Holland and Barrett. Almonds are not bad either. Do not go overboard on them. Peanuts have a higher carb count - so beware.

Boogie65
Sun, Jun-09-02, 05:06
I love nuts too (brazils and macadamias are my favourite :p ) but they're so moreish I really have to watch myself.

I'm not sure dry roast peanuts are that low carb are they? Also, I read somewhere that peanuts aren't that good because of the transfats in them?

Chrissy
www.sugarlite.co.uk