PDA

View Full Version : A 'big' hello from The Netherlands :)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Dutch Mari
Wed, Sep-02-15, 04:52
Hi everybody,
My name is Marie & ready to get rid of all those pounds I've put on in the past years.
I tried low calorie diets before but they don't work for me: I'm always hungry, feel dizzy, lightheaded and crave everything I'm not suppost to eat.

My parents lost a lot of weight on a self invented version of the low carb diet.
I know I need a little more discipline & guidance so I want to live according to the Atkins rules. I am quite new to the whole Atkins approach and am fearfull that I might mess up.

That's why I signed up to this forum. In the Netherlands there is not such an active forum as yours.

I'm starting induction today & will try to post my mealplans daily. I'll even try to be honest. ;)
I hope you can point me to flaws in my approach and maybe give me some good tips on where I go wrong.
I read the yellow book twice now but still might mess up by mistake.

Oh, and please forgive my mistakes in English, for it obviously is not my native language :D .

Thank you & have a great day,
Marie

Merpig
Wed, Sep-02-15, 06:41
Marie, your English is excellent! Welcome, you've come to the best place on the internet for low carb help. I wish you much success on your journey.

MickiSue
Wed, Sep-02-15, 08:42
Welcome, Marie.

Knowing that this works without constant hunger is one of the reasons so many people stick with it.

Sissy1958
Wed, Sep-02-15, 10:42
Welcome Marie :wave:

I know what you mean about the low calorie diet..it made we want anything and everything that I was not supposed to have :eek:

Yes you are correct about this being the best forum. I believe that you will find support and a lot of information that you will need to make this way of eating permanent and to work for you.

Best wishes on your journey! :thup: :)

Dutch Mari
Wed, Sep-02-15, 12:09
Thank you for the warm welcome :)
I already found several very interesting posts that might help me succeed in this change of lifestyle.

JEY100
Sun, Sep-06-15, 19:38
Welcome, Marie,
Your English is excellent, but if it helps I will add a European version of Low Carb that has the basic instructions in 31 languages including Dutch. http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf#advice
The Swedish version of this website is active and maybe through that you can find other local low carbers. All the best,

Dutch Mari
Tue, Sep-08-15, 04:18
Thank you so much Jey :)