PDA

View Full Version : Greetings to all

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ART338WM
Tue, Sep-01-15, 07:46
I'm like millions of others and I have battled with being over weight most of my life. My situation reminds me of being a smoker who once they quit can go years without lighting up, then for what ever reason start again.

I'm similar in I have gone through multiple periods of 20-50 pounds of weight loss, keep it off for years, then start gaining due to poor diet. I didn't realize it at the time, but my first big weight loss victory of going from 266 pounds to 218, I was actually on a low carb diet. My typical daily meals were:

<>Breakfest bowl of total in low fat milk
<>Lunch broiled chicken thighs or breasts W/no skin & large salad of green leafy vegs, coliflower or broccolli
<>Dinner one of the fallowing steak, ground beef, chicken again along with one of or a mixture of the same veggies as listed.

I also exersized regularly which made a HUGE diference on how quickly I would loose weight. Three months ago I had state of the industry phyical and was told I'm all my bodies different critical systems are great, but at 291lbs I needed to loose weight or suffer the consiquenses. Also prior to this in the first three months of 2015 no less than five men I know died of heart attacks and one thank God survived.

What struck me as most shocking and slamed me with a wake up call was EVERY LAST ONE of these men were all younger than I and less fat, and most actually partisapaited in some form of active exersize.

So I resolved to loose 67 pounds and get down to my original pre-marrage waight of 225lbs. I am a person of extra large frame and even when I was at my lowest adult weight of 220-225lbs, I stil had huge thighs, XL arms and my chest measured 55". Even though my waist line was 36" I had difficulty finding pants that were large enough to make it over my thighs, shorts were no ploblem.

So I'm presently on the induction phase of the Atkins and have lost 33 pounds. I have multiple questions concerning the Atkins diet as my weight loss has slowed considerably.

Is my best course of action to post my questions in the Atkin's page as I suspect?

bkloots
Thu, Sep-03-15, 15:18
Hi there. I see that no one has replied to your post! Not a typical thing here, so please stick around.

Yes, you can post Atkins-related questions in that forum. Before you do, be sure and read around on this site. Many, many questions (as you can imagine) have already been asked and answered, and you may find just what you want to know already explained in detail.

The "stickies" at the top of the various threads are a good place to start. However, you are welcome to post your own questions at any time, and folks will provide some answers, or links to answers.

Best wishes.

JEY100
Sun, Sep-06-15, 19:45
Welcome Art,
You can post questions on the Atkins sub-forum, or if you enter from this index page http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php? any one of the appropriate topics. Since you are concerned about heart disease, you would likely be interested in the info here: http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=48.
I always found the research forum helpful too for the latest news in health studies.
All the best,