PDA

View Full Version : Happy to be back

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Raych
Sun, Aug-09-15, 01:17
I am back on Atkins Induction after a long 12 years or so off of it. I lost 60lbs s back in 2003-2004 & it was honestly the easiest plan for me to follow. I did get bored with it and instead of slowly adding carbs I did 2 months induction lost the 60lbs and went back to eating old ways now 12 years later I weighed in at my heaviest ever 241...very unhappy day but very motivating at same time. I immediately started back on induction phase of Atkins on Tuesday and by Saturday I am down to 234...I know a lot is fluid weight but I feel motivated and ready for this and I know I will have to make small changes and slowly add foods back and follow the plan. I will be doing induction phase for longer than 2 weeks planning for a month then on to phase 2. I used this forum before and it was good for me so I am glad to be back.

I am a 37 year old female with Hypothyroidism (medicated but not balanced), PCOS and hypertension.

JEY100
Sun, Aug-09-15, 04:21
Welcome back Raych,
You are off to a good start and have a better plan this time to slowly work you way to maintenance. There are separate health sub-forums on PCOS, thyroid, and you may wish to start reading the pre-maintenance sub-forum for tips for the journey ahead. BP can decrease quickly on LC, even before weight loss, so be aware if you are on meds. Speaking of meds, good basic info of what levels need to be treated vs. lifestyle management: http://www.dietdoctor.com/blood-pressure
All the best,

esw
Sun, Aug-09-15, 04:35
Welcome Raych!
The initial loss is very motivating. Clearly having been successful in the past you know what you need to do. Maybe this time you could consider how to make this doable for life. We really can't ever ever go back to our old ways as you have learned! Find foods you enjoy eating and that satiate you.
Keep posting and reading the forum. You can even start a journal noting what works and what doesn't. It's a learning curve, don't let a mistake or weight loss slowing get to you. We all make mistake trying to be perfect can be stressful and lead to failure. There can be weeks with no loss, so be it. As long as you are sticking to plan you will get there again. ;)

Sissy1958
Mon, Aug-10-15, 09:11
Welcome back :wave: and hope that you will find that this time this woe is the plan! I think that for me I have to have a change in attitude and years of frustration with my weight that I have finally gotten to the point mentally and physically that this is the way to go. I am losing weight and I feel so much better!

You will get a lot of information and support here so come back a lot!

Raych
Mon, Aug-10-15, 21:39
Thank you all for your positive words. I made it through week 1 with an 8lb weight loss and the craving seem to be going away so it's going well so far :-)

Little Me
Tue, Aug-11-15, 11:10
WOOHOO!! That is great! You get a :cheer:

Sissy1958
Wed, Aug-12-15, 11:46
Congrats on your 8# weight loss! Glad you are back! :thup:

Raych
Mon, Aug-31-15, 10:57
Quick update:

Going good so far...I have lost 18lbs and started diet back on August 4th...tomorrow will be 4 weeks. My blood pressure has dropped and I am feeling so much better. :D

eljohnw
Mon, Aug-31-15, 11:36
Congratulations, keep doing what you do, it works for you

Raych
Wed, Sep-23-15, 23:15
Quick update: 24 total lbs gone

JEY100
Thu, Sep-24-15, 04:20
OMG! 24 pounds in about 6 weeks...well, that is slower than the last time, but still pretty fast for a woman with PCOS. Onederland in sight :lol:
The best news is that you are feeling better. :thup:
Have you reduced or gotten off the BP meds? ..just be careful you dont go too low. Wishes for continued success and good health :wave:

Raych
Sat, Oct-03-15, 13:07
Thanks and yes I am losing slower this time and I am perfectly okay with that. I understand why I am losing slower 1.) I am 10 years older than the last time I did this 2.) I am eating more net carbs than I did last time 20 vs 10 (yes I went extreme last time) & 3.) I haven't been working out this time.

I am getting ready to start exercising 3 days a week. I am slowly making changes in hopes that I can stick to a better way of life this time. Last time was so extreme and I was so deprived I couldn't stick to the plan.

Raych
Sat, Oct-03-15, 13:11
Oh and question about blood pressure...I haven't reduced or stopped taking meds but my blood pressure is in normal range...should I just talk to Dr when it starts getting lower?

JEY100
Sun, Oct-04-15, 04:19
As long as you are feeling OK and no episodes of low BP, suggest that you discuss getting off the meds next time, reasons:
1. You have lost weight and 2. Keep a record of daily BP readings at home or at a machine you use regularly. The amount of med should not be prescribed by one reading in the doctor office, but by two or three week averages, maybe twice a day as am is usually lower.
If those numbers start getting very low regularly, or you do feel light-headed ( you might feel it when exercising) then phone the doctor's office for advice.