PDA

View Full Version : Been away but I'm back

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Mousesmom
Thu, Aug-06-15, 09:56
Hello all! :wave: I've been away from the boards for a long time but needed to remind myself why I need to get back on track.

I've been LC since 2003.

My highest weight ever was 235 back in the late 1980s. I started LC at about 175 and got down to 139. After slacking off and kidding myself that I could have a little of this and a little of that and a little more of this and that, here I am back up to 155.

I got back on track this week and am down 1# so far. 16 more nasty little critters to go. :lol: :lol:

Looking forward to being back at the forums.

JEY100
Fri, Aug-07-15, 07:41
Welcome back,
You might want to read Dr. Eades articles on doing LC "the second time around" https://proteinpower.com/drmike/2014/01/05/help-low-carb-dieters/
All the best,

Mousesmom
Mon, Aug-10-15, 09:20
Thanks Janet - I will read that. I've been "mostly" LC but need to buckle down and be more serious again.

Sissy1958
Mon, Aug-10-15, 09:26
Welcome back :wave:

It works if you work it :lol:

Raych
Sat, Aug-15-15, 12:36
Janet nice article at that link...thanks for posting.

Mouses mom - welcome back and at least you're getting a start on it before you get back to where you started or heavier like I did.

KDH
Mon, Aug-17-15, 16:29
Hello all! :wave: I've been away from the boards for a long time but needed to remind myself why I need to get back on track.

I've been LC since 2003.

My highest weight ever was 235 back in the late 1980s. I started LC at about 175 and got down to 139. After slacking off and kidding myself that I could have a little of this and a little of that and a little more of this and that, here I am back up to 155.

I got back on track this week and am down 1# so far. 16 more nasty little critters to go. :lol: :lol:

Looking forward to being back at the forums.

Yup! I like to say the thing that causes me to gain the most is losing. "Oh I'm ok, I can have a little of this and..." The human brain is a very mysterious thing, and often defies logic. Mine is no exception. :help: