PDA

View Full Version : greetings

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

darrklove
Fri, Jun-07-02, 13:30
I never ever in a million years thought I would be a participant in one of these online message board thingees, but here I am. :spin:

I'm a 28 yo female from New York desparately trying to drop 150lbs. :rolleyes:

I've lost and regained as much as 50lbs. in the past, but never anyting permanent. I can honestly say that at this point, I am truly at my wits end. For me, this is the last try before I start looking into gastric bypass surgery. :eek:

I've been following Atkins for a while, and seem to be doing okay, so far. I need suport though. Nothing's worse than having to do something like this all alone. :tears:

I'm gonna be leaning on you guys, so I hope you're all pretty strong! lol! :wiggle:

Talon
Fri, Jun-07-02, 13:36
Yep we are strong bunch of people! And we will be here for you when you need us.

I was on the atkins diet about two years ago, my mistake then was not varying my diet enough and getting bored with the food. This site has a wonderful place for low carb recipes and the internet has even more. I encourage you to keep you foods tasty, for me it really was one of the keys to success. I still have 60 or so pounds to lose, but I am really happy with the 40 that have already gone bye-byes!

Everyone is different, so what one person on this board can eat and still loose, you may not be able to. You will have to find out what foods you personally can eat and not eat.

I know you can do this! Good luck on this WOE!

Tigra1965
Fri, Jun-14-02, 13:37
Dear Darrklove

I can totally relate to what Talons telling you - I have only been on the Atkins WOE for 16 days - but already I'm looking for new recipes to try.

I too need to keep my foods varied and I have found a few recipes on here - my favourite I have put on my journal.

They are a nice bunch of peeps on here - I have had loads of advice, information and plain good friendliness. I come on every night if I can and it keeps me going for one more day.

Feel free to pop over to my journal anytime and I'll keep coming back here too.

Take care and Happy LCing
bye :wave:

Joy2bme
Sat, Jun-15-02, 09:06
Hi darrklove,

You'll definitely find alot of support as well as great help here, I've only been here for about 6 days now, and I Love it here.
I hope you do as well.

Good Luck, and anytime you need support you'll find it here! :roll:

Joy

darrklove
Mon, Jun-17-02, 09:30
Thanks you guys....

I avoided coming here for a few days after a slip. Very bad idea. I started my whole binge/starve cycle again and now I'm back at square one at Induction again.

This is harder than I thought, but I'll keep at it.

Thankyou for your kind words.

:rheart:

VictoriaT
Mon, Jun-17-02, 12:24
Hey Darrklove,
Keep your head up. We all slip right? I have been slipping for 33 years now !! :rolleyes:

I really enjoy your posts. I would love to watch your progess and everyone elses! When we do, Ill come and :Party: :cheer: