PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

missginger
Mon, Jul-27-15, 18:13
Hi All,

I used to visit this forum a few years ago but now I'm back for good!

Just before Christmas I weighed 231 and I've got down to 205 with Weight Watchers but I was fed up with being hungry all the time! Plus it was too easy to eat rubbish as long as I counted it. I'd eat loads of chocolate and then have to skip meals. Crazy! Need to beat my sweet tooth!

So, started low-carbing again 3 days ago. Going ok so far but I'm only going to weigh myself once a week so will update you in a few days!

I'm fed up with the crazy mood and energy ups and downs sugar gives me and I know from last time I feel so much better when watching the carbs.

I guess one of the main reasons I failed before was lack of planning - carbs are just so darn convenient! So I've stocked up the fridge and freezer with everything I need and I'll make sure I always have a low carb snack on me for when hunger strikes.

So I thought I'd say hello again and that it's good to be back!

Little Me
Mon, Jul-27-15, 18:56
Hi, welcome! Yep, carbs are convenient. They are also addicting and hard to stop at just one. Best to avoid them completely. Except the vegetable kind, obviously.

JEY100
Tue, Jul-28-15, 03:17
Welcome Ginger :wave:
Planning ahead and always having somethings low carb in the fridge or with when out and about is key. You mentioned on the other post having a headache...be sure to drink water and have enough to salt...it's more than you may think.
Good salt thread: http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?p=8626210#post8626210
Also good Newbie Advice in the stickies on that forum>>>
All the best,

missginger
Tue, Jul-28-15, 09:12
Interesting about the salt. I suppose eating less processed food means my salt intake will reduce. I'll be sure to add some to meals. Thank you!