PDA

View Full Version : Muscle weakness

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

janesings
Tue, Jul-07-15, 14:05
Jane here. I've just dropped my carbs to about 25 grams per day and can barely make my normal bike commute to work; my quad muscles just don't respond. (Only 1 week at this carb level.)

This will be huge problem for me if my body doesn't adjust since I love cycling and flow yoga.

What are other peoples' experiences with this. Thanks.

JEY100
Tue, Jul-07-15, 14:44
Welcome Jane,

It may take a week or two for your body to adjust to a different fuel source, or as Dr. Eades wrote..."re-tooling the factory" Good tips to help that conversion along here in all these articles: https://proteinpower.com/drmike/2014/01/05/help-low-carb-dieters/ Be sure to get enough salt and fat to replace the carbs for energy. all the best,

Smcca4
Tue, Jul-07-15, 18:49
It took me several weeks to be able to handle a reasonable (7-10 mile) bike ride. The good news is that once I adjusted, my energy and endurance are better than they were before.

Nancy LC
Tue, Jul-07-15, 19:45
Maybe drop your carbs a little more gradually? Try some quick acting energy from coconut oil. Just a thought, it might work.