PDA

View Full Version : [CKD] New here with ?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LOK
Fri, Jun-07-02, 07:20
Hi everyone! Im LOK!

I have done atkins and Body opus in the past (or something like it) and had great results. I am now in my 2nd week of Body opus and today is the depleation workout where you do about 5 times around the circuit and then start the carb up faze. Well... my questions are

In the Body opus book I dont remember seeing anywhere about a small carb meal before the friday whole body workout, I did this before on similar plans but Im not sure if I shoudl or not? I would think if I can make it through without and then carb up after that would be better for really depleteing right??

And, in Body ipus they mention taking Vanadal Sulfate to help super-compensation but he never mentions when and at what dose.

Thanks,

BTW, I started this at about 185 pounds and 16% b/f which is my highest ever. I did this before and got down to about 8 or so.. now my goal is 5-6 b/f. In 2 weeks I already gained some muscle and lost some blubber.. I was at last sunday after carb up I was 192 at 13%

LOK

LOK
Fri, Jun-07-02, 20:06
Well.. I did learn (if anyone cares..) that it is good to take in some fruit carbs.. Frutose, 2 hours before your total workout on friday. I drank a bottle of Apple juice and did the workout and then right after had a Carboforce. We'll see..

Trainerdan
Tue, Jun-11-02, 17:34
I did read that in BO, but I feel better when I skip and then go apesh*t with simple carbs after the Friday workout. LOL.

To each his own I suppose ...

LOK
Wed, Jun-12-02, 07:06
Dan, do you know if Vanadle really helps out? They mention it in BO but never give dosages or when to take?

I haev noticed that my strength is increasing like crazy! I started back in the gym 3 weeks ago and was getting 175 on bench for like 6 and this past monday I hit 205 for 10! This is awesome!

Trainerdan
Wed, Jun-12-02, 17:28
Great strength gains! Really really good.

As for vanadyl, I used to take it back when it was "the hot thing", but it never really panned out to be all it was supposed to be. When DD wrote the book, he was pushing for vanadyl.

brumleym
Wed, Jun-12-02, 18:49
http://nbaf.com/nbaf/feb7pge.htm#c

Talks about 2 pro and one con on vandyl. I have never heard of it before and don't plan on taking it myself. good luck with the program. Mike

Zeus
Thu, Jun-13-02, 07:59
I'd definately go with ALA (alpha lipoic acid) over Vanadyl Sulfate anyday. I've found it to be a much more effective glucose disposal agent. However, the high doses that ALA must be taken at (to be an effective glucose disposal agent) is very costly.

RANDY
Tue, Jul-09-02, 21:50
Vanadyl sulfate transports glucose from the blood stream across the cell membrane much like chromium. Unlike chromium, vanadyl does not need insulin to work its glucose trick.
Vanadyl will get you into ketosis faster. Italso alows for more glucose from the carb up to be absorbed in the muscle without spilling over.
Take about 20-40 mgs just before bed m-f. For carb ups take about 10 mgs for every 50lb's of body weight with seperate meals.
This is from my own personal experience.